The Portfolio Reports Group is currently meeting with the Teaching and Learning with Sakai OAE group every Friday at 11 EST.
For more information, sign-in with Teaching and Learning with Sakai OAE
Phone Bridge Information for Teaching and Learning with Sakai OAE on Fridays at 11 EST:
Begin Time: 4:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
End Time: 5:00 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Phone number: +1 812 856 7060
Conference Code: 225713# (enter this code when prompted to "Enter the number you wish to dial")
Adobe Connect Meeting Room for Live Demos: http://breeze.iu.edu/osp
- Reporting MiniSpec Draft
- Google Reporting Spreadsheet
- OLAP Cube
- Portfolio Minispec Titles by Verbs
- OSP Report Definitions (ZIP archive includes report definitions, renderers, compatible form templates, installation instructions, and information on where to get the latest version of the Sakai Reports tool).
Purpose of the Portfolio Reports Group
- We are addressing portfolio reporting needs for Sakai 2.x and Sakai OAE (3.0).
- We will produce a comprehensive document on current and future portfolio reporting needs to share with the community.
- We plan to work with Indiana University to upgrade the Reports tool in order to allow other institutions to make use of existing IU reports for Sakai 2.7.
- We have agreed to document our institutional reporting plans and link them to this page using the chart below.
Continuing Reporting Concerns
- What questions are we trying to answer via reports?
- What types of data are we trying to collect? (Management, performance, data for input into other tools, etc.)
- What are some sample reports?
- External reporting engines versus internal reporting tools
- Extracting form data from XML
- Planning for database requirements
Future Agenda Items
- Review of sample vendor reports (see links below)
- Finding more developers to work on reports
- Next steps for Portfolio Reports Group
Reporting Plans and Ideas (Create child page and link below.)
University of Wyoming
Inchoate. But see ideas in Low-Level Portfolio Tool Reports.
University of DE
Links to Vendor Examples of Reports
Chalk and Wire
http://www.chalkandwire.com/help/cwr/CWReporter.html (This is a desktop application for running reports on C&W data.)
- Linda Beith, Roger Williams University
- Bruce Ballou, OLK12
- Robin Hill, University of Wyoming
- Hugo Jacobs, LOI
- Sean Keesler, Three Canoes
- Tiffany Marra, University of Michigan
- David McPherson, Virginia Tech
- Nancy O'Laughlin, U of Delaware
- Jacques Raynauld, MATI Montreal
- Debbie Runshe, IUPUI
- Susan Scott, IUPUI
- Janice Smith, Three Canoes
- Teggin Summers, Virginia Tech
- Janet Syed, OLK12
- Lynn Ward, Indiana University
- David Scoville, Miami U
- Matthew Evins, Miami U
Notes from April 6, 2011, Portfolio Reports Meeting
Notes from March 1, 2011, Meeting
Notes from February 8, 2011, Meeting
Notes from December 1, 2010, Meeting
Notes from the 11-8-10 Portfolio Reports Meeting
Notes from 11-1-10 Portfolio Reports Meeting
Notes from 9-27-10 Reporting Discussion
Indiana University Reporting Info