* Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
* Bob Squillace, NYU
* Lynn Ward, IU
* Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montréal
* Sakai portfolio community contributions and feedback to the OAE project
OAE environment can be explored https://qa20-us.sakaiproject.org:8088/
Some basic designs can be found at:https://docs.google.com/document/d/18dX6JL7ATIW-d5TKav8varCp_oUVxx9ALqB4J_UpGDo/edit
URG Notes on Structured Feedback:https://docs.google.com/document/d/18dX6JL7ATIW-d5TKav8varCp_oUVxx9ALqB4J_UpGDo/edit?hl=en_US
Portfolio Scenarios Analysis by User Needs:https://docs.google.com/a/nyu.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkGC6juditaYdE9nZmxjV2piRFF4R0RBeG5JNjBlOHc&hl=en#gid=22
Discussion of portfolio community contributing to OAE Development/URG
* Lynn Ward has volunteered. Community supports her, so she will contact Lucy Appert.
* Lynn will keep OSP Community updated.
* may move away from minispecs
* focus on specific development focuses
* Needs by Category from Portfolio Scenario Analysis
* URG Structured Feedback Discussion: Cases
* structured feedback is most often within a system, e.g., gradebook, reports
* portfolio elements? e.g., a single reviewer or program to develop a rubric to be used (analytic rubric; weighting of criteria; possible criteria, from the most simplistic to more complex: from acceptable/unacceptable to multiple criteria with a more complex scale with detailed descriptors; the ability to revise ratings; multiple evaluators and summary score on: individual items, or on a grouping of items, or a collection of items)
* rubrics defined?
* peer review
* blind review(s)
* institutional goals or formal outcomes; the ability to convert the ratings of faculty/departmental/programmatic level goals/outcomes to the ratings for institutional goals/outcomes
* a way to aggregate structured feedback (a place to "find" feedback easily; may also want to be able disassociate the grade for presentation purposes; a place for students to monitor their progress)
* we need a way to add these specific portfolio user cases/needs to the URG discussion
* Time of meetings? Is it possible to meet earlier to include Capetown?
* Merging of Visioning - Minispecs meetings? move to biweekly meetings
* Create Doodle to get feedback on above
* Individual reviewer to create and apply a rubric
* Program creates a rubric and pushed out to others to apply to student work
* Criteria-based (analytic) rubric
* Update/revise rating based in changes in work'
* Multi-evaluator workflow
* Multi-level evaluation
* Blind review
* Ability to share the rubric with the
* See a list of outcomes an assignment is meant to teach
* Student (dashboard that show's how I am doing)
* System in which the individual items of structured feedback averaged for the entire portfolio.
* Attach a piece of structured feedback on individual items, a collection of items, or on an entire portfolio
NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:00-5:00 PM EST