Child pages
  • Portfolio Minispecs Meeting Notes from April 8, 2011
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attending:

  • Debbie Runshe, IUPUI/IU
  • Nancy O'Laughlin University of Delaware
  • Janice Smith, Three Canoes
  • Jacques Raynauld , MATI Montréal
  • Lynn Ward, Indiana University
  • Bob Squillace, NYU

Resouces:

Meeting Notes:

Sharing Portfolio Development Work Page and sign up process that has begun. Thanks to those who have signed up!

Discussion of  verbs: Manage Process (managing portfolio workflow for a group) and Dashboard (managing my tasks): Are they different? Yes

Dashboard is not a verb. Is "Dashboard" verb: "Facilitate"? "Implement"?

Facilitate Tasks: I want a centralized location from which to view and coordinate my portfolio responsibilities.

Also discussed and revised:

Manage Process: I want to be able to determine, direct, and monitor portfolio workflow, roles, and permissions. 

  • Could change "Manage Process" to "Administer Process".
  • I want to design and publish a portfolio framework and determine, direct, and monitor workflow, roles, and permissions within it.

Other verbs/possible titles discussed:

Guide: I want to guide the creation of portfolios for different purposes by creating such things as: templates, assignments, files, rubrics, and prompts.

Establish and Assess Outcomes: I want to publish and map learning  outcomes to course and/or program objectives in order to assess them via  rubrics. 

  • different than evaluate
    Jan shared the Reporting Minispec Draft
  • description of categories and use of the template
    We are presently the only group using the minispec process, so we are being "liberal" in our interpretation of the minispec writing process

There is a flexible timeline for creating these minispecs. We will continue to share our progress at Minispec Work Group meetings.

Is there any consensus/direction regarding how these minispecs will be used? At this time we are developing the minispecs, hoping that they will be helpful future in the process. It allows us to articulate/document our needs. 

Discussion of involvement of others:
Could present an invitation on Monday call.
Others who may be interested in involvement:

  • LOI may interested in Evaluate.
  • Capetown may be interested (design and development, narrative) Feedback, Select.
    We will try to start some minispec work to share at the next meeting.

Next Meeting April 22nd

  • No labels