Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 4-2-2012
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin, University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Portfolio Award http://openedpractices.org/twsia. - judging should happen soon, Jan will update when there is additional information.
+ 2012 TWSIA Information http://openedpractices.org/twsia.
+ Revised application deadline: March 9, 2012.
o Teaching and Learning with Sakai OAE https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/%7Eteaching-and-learning-with-oae.
o Portfolio Activities in OAE: https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/~portfolio-activities-in-oae.
+ the group explored the functionality of this site; others are welcome to explore and add comments.
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Meeting with T&L with Sakai OAE every Friday, 11 AM EST.
+ T&L w/OAE continues to met on Friday mornings; working on minispec re: task creation, others welcome to look at this
+" I want to complete/submit a task" minispec to be developed later
+ Sam and Nicco going to NYU and UB, doing demos/workshops meeting with usability groups
- David Goodrum, IU, Bob Squillace, NYU, and Jon Hayes, UB attending workshop
o Friday 11 AM EST Phone Bridge https://oae-community.sakaiproject.org/%7Eteaching-and-learning-with-oae#l=kjwwqk9wR/id3680199.
o For previous information see Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Portfolio+Visioning+for+Sakai+OAE.
* Ongoing OSP Community Projects.
o OSP Help https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/OSP+2.6+Help+Volunteer+Sign-up - in process; Jan will be contacting Sam O.
o Upgrading portfolio pages on the Sakai Project website http://www.sakaiproject.org/eportfolios.
* Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference - need technical personnel to assist with technical workshop session.
o Proposing half-day functional workshop, half-day technical workshop. Tech Fest table, OSP Innovations Panel.
o Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Fest.
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldPCURzarLgdFJUVm40QzlYMnhLZjRPNzluam0xZ1E&hl=en_US#gid=34, OSP QA 2.9 Signups https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldPCURzarLgdFJUVm40QzlYMnhLZjRPNzluam0xZ1E&hl=en_US#gid=21 with links to test scripts.
o Andrea Schmidt and Debbie Runshe @ IU continue to do testing, working through scripts/tools.
3. QA Testing Information for OSP https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/QA+Testing+Information+for+OSP - no additional information at this time.
4. *Resolved issues (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SAK+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.9.0+\[tentative\]%22+AND+component+in+%28Metaobj%2C+%22OSP%3A+Forms%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Glossary%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Other%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Portal%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Portfolio+Layouts%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Portfolio+Templates%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Portfolios%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Styles%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Wizards+-+General%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Wizards+-+Hierarchy%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Wizards+-+Matrix%22%2C+%22OSP%3A+Wizards+-+Sequential%22%2C+%22Reports+%28Stealthed+in+2.7%29%22%2C+Taggable%29+AND+status+in+%28Resolved%2C+Closed%29+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC) for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
* High Priority Issues
o Noah and Chris working on 21530; after 2.9 was updated it broke; still working on fix
o Noah and Chris working on issues when possible
o 2.9 Beta 3 is now out
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8083/portal or Nightly build (Oracle) http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19184 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Roster+Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira Filters https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSP/Jira+Filters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.