Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 2-20-2012
Noah Botimer, University Michigan
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
This group will begin to meet biweekly rather than weekly, 1st and 3rd Mondays. Janice Smith will reorganize page.
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Award - IU working on application/nomination for award
+ Draft Rubric
+ 2012 TWSIA Information
+ Nominations for Final Portfolio Judge(s): Darren Cambridge (willing to be nominated), Marij Veugleurs, u of Amstermdam (yet to be asked); Anyone can volunteer to judge portfolio entries during the first round of judging!
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ T & L Lenses group joined with OSP community for discussions of OAE, met for the first time Friday, February 17, 11 AM, at least 20 people on the call, lots of enthusiasm and great discussion, Joh Hays and Lynn Ward will take feedback from this group to URG
o Portfolio Reports.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
* OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
o Update sakai.properties documentation.
o Accessing 2.6 Help
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
o Enhanced content and links to tool description and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory.
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm - Chris will write Jira to complete this task.
o Wizards tool
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion. - no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference.
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions.
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - no additional information at this time.
3. QA Testing Information for OSP - no additional information at this time.
4. #Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested. *- no additional information at this time.
* High Priority Issues
o 21523 & 21524 some changes in services area, checking on those, may have impact
o Chris beginning to look at email issues
o IE 9 issues appear to be resolved
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira Filters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.