Child pages
  • 2012-02-06 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 2-6-2012

In attendance:
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University   
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University

Agenda
1. Community Updates
    * Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
          o TWSIA Award
        + Draft Rubric
        + 2012 TWSIA Information - Maggie Ricci coordinating judge nominations.
        + Nominations for Final Portfolio Judge(s): Darren Cambridge (willing to be nominated), Marij Veugleurs, U of Amsterdam (yet to be asked); Anyone can volunteer to judge portfolio entries during first round of judging!
    * Portfolio Visioning.
          o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
        + Debbie has put out Doodle to OSP Visioning community for collaborative conversations with the T & L Lenses group
        + Bruce D'arcus is open to joining the OAE Conversations T & L group he created in the OAE community
        + Lynn will follow up with communication to larger pedagogy and portfolio groups regarding the OAE Conversations
        + Lynn attended URG meeting and submitted OSP's user needs info for discussion; she has mapped our "scenarios" to the roadmap planning document
        + Janice described her work with Bowling Green University project in Canvas; she would like to share our work with this group; Nancy shared that Canvas was more showcase presentations but expanding and looking at cloud applications
        + University of Michigan has put out an RFI for portfolio applications; this sparked a conversation re: the challenges OSP has experienced with large applications/group use
          o Portfolio Reports.
        + Dave planning to continue working on this project, getting feedback from VT users, have not retrieved data at this point; has been submitted to trunk; Chris is also assisting
          o Portfolio Minispecs.
    * OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
          o Update sakai.properties documentation.
          o Accessing 2.6 Help
          o Completing 2.8 Help
          o Planning for 2.9 Help
    * Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
          o Enhanced content and links to tool description and resources needed.
          o Link to OSP Community Directory.
    * Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm. - no additional information at this time.
          o Wizards tool
          o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
          o Portfolio Layouts
          o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
    * Back burner items for future discussion. - no additional information at this time.
          o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
          o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
          o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP. - not much momentum in new OSP community members.
          o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
          o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions

2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - no additional information at this time.

3. QA Testing Informaton for OSP - no additional information at this time.

4. #*Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
    * High Priority Issues
          o Chris looking into issues with email, guest reviewer, submitted by Andrea Schmidt.
          o Chris also has been working on assignment issues, still blockers.
          o QA 3 has been updated, running Beta 2.

5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).

6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
    * SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
    * SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator.
    * SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool.

7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
    * OSP Jira Filters.

8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues.
    * See information above in Community Updates: Portfolio Visioning.

9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.

10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
    * Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.

  • No labels