Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 1-30-2012
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Lynn Ward, Indiana Univeristy
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Award
+ Draft Rubric
+ 2012 TWSIA Infomation
+ Nominations for Final Portfolio Judge(s): Darren Cambridge (willing to be nominated), Marij Veugleurs, u of Amstermdam (yet to be asked); Anyone can volunteer to judge portfolio entries during the first round of judging!
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Debbie Will contact T & L Lenses group, Jon Hayes, to offer to join in discussions together to provide feedback via URG (Jon & Lynn)
o Portfolio Reports.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
* OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
o Update sakai.properties documentation.
o Accessing 2.6 Help
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
o Enhanced content and links to tool descripton and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory.
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm - no comments sent re: opposition of this; will be turned off by default/on nightly server (off QA server).
o Wizards tool
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion - no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions.
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
* Lynn proposed scheduling a few more Test Fests and will begin to organize this
3. QA Testing Informaton for OSP*- no additional information at this time.*
4. #*Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
* High Priority Issues
o 21254 & 21253...Chris is looking into this, getting close
o 21250 forms; issue may be genralized; some issues have been resolved because of frame issues; may need to be elevated
o some issues re: email, etc. may be configuration issues; Chris will look into this
o 21384 load issues @ MU; not sure if this is a problem @ IU, may look into this
5. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
6. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
7. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira Filters.
8. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* UD working on tool to report cell status.
9. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
10. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.