Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 12-12-2011
MEETINGS CANCELED FOR DECEMBER 26TH AND JANUARY 2ND
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Dave McPherson, Virgina Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o TWSIA Award
+ Draft Rubric
+ Nominations for Portfolio Judges: Darren Cambridge (willing to be nominated), Paul Treuer, U of Minnesota-Duluth (yet to be asked), Marij Veugleurs, u of Amstermdam (yet to be asked)
* Portfolio Visioning. -- no additional information at this time.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
o Portfolio Reports.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
* OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
o Update sakai.properties documentation
o Accessing 2.6 Help
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
o Enhanced content and links to tool descripton and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm the Wizards tool. -- no additional information at this time.
o Wizard tool
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts hidden.
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion - no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
* Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
* High Priority Issues
o Permissions issues to set up portfolio sites; regular users cannot set up portfolio sites-not aware of this until final step and denied, requires admin user ID; portfolio tools available in other sites; should remove this functionality in all sites, etc.; most schools have customized this functionality; UD uses duplicate site so can create a portfolio sit in this way, IU has this functionality hidden; will continue discussion when UM rejoins call
3. OSP Test Fest Instructions - Testing today, December 12, 2011, 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM EST on QA3
4. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
5. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
6. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira FIlters.
7. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.
8. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
9. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.