Child pages
  • 2011-11-28 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 11-28-2011

In attendance:
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist University
Dave McPherson, Virginia Tech
Nancy O'Laughlin,University of Delaware
Jacques Raynauld, HEC Montréal - MATI
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University

1. Community Updates
    * Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group. 
          o Teaching with Sakai Webinar series was held November 21, 2011, from 4:00-5:00 PM, EST - Wikifolios, Wikiflections, & Exams for Online Participation, Understanding & Achievement, Daniel Hickey, Indiana University - Bloomington.
          o Design Lenses meeting was held November 16, 2011, from 5:00-6:00 PM, EST - discussed prototype for OAE regarding structured feedback designs, specifically for annotations (included: collections, can be shared; same item can be in multiple libraries; discussed permissions- who owns the annotation - annotator or owner?; also discussed feedback)
                + Next meeting November 30, 2011, 5:00-6:00 PM, EST
    * Portfolio Visioning.
          o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
                + Meeting  was held November 22, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST - Lynn Ward demoed the prototype for OAE and Bob Squillace added more detailed information re: functionality; Lucy Appert has contacted Lynn Ward and plans to attend Minispec meeting with Nico Matthijs and Anthony Whyte on December 13, 2011, to give feedback from URG.
                + Is OSP part of OAE? Interested community. NYU's pilot does focus on portfolio functionality.
          o Portfolio Reports.
                + UD has developed a tool for checking cell status; similar to Japanese tool? - Janice Smith will send slides; rSmart used to have a similar tool in 2.5; UD encouraged to share "OSP Progress Report" tool as they continue development, reports by cell, doesn't report locked cells
          o Portfolio Minispecs .
                + Next meeting, December 13, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST – URG members, Lucy Appert and Nico Matthijs to attend to give feedback; optional could continue conversation from visioning demo (rSmart site information: on Visioning notes of November 22, 2011)
                + Are verb appropriate for discussion? We may not be creating minispecs on our own topic, rather, working on topics already in progress, e.g., structured feedback
                + Need to articulate what works in OAE for the portfolio group now; what needs tweaked
                + How does NYU's pilot fit into the overall project? widgets will be able to be added to other instances, however, some things may be too specific to NYU, e.g., the floor plan widget
    * OSP Help - no additional information at this time.
          o Update documentation
          o Accessing 2.6 Help
                + Help for 2.6 complete, turned over for final approval to Stephen Marcourt at Capetown University
          o Completing 2.8 Help
          o Planning for 2.9 Help
    * Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
          o Enhanced content and links to tool description and resources needed.
          o Link to OSP Community Directory
    * Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm the Wizards tool.- no additional information at this time.
          o Wizard tool
                + Rutgers using it, may have some added functionality; inquiry sent to Charles Hedrick, no response at this time.
          o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
          o Portfolio Layouts hidden.
          o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
    * Back burner items for future discussion
          o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities
                + Debbie Runshe doing some testing; Andrea Schmidt may do more at a later date; possibility of a test fest for OSP discussed, setting aside a block of time to test - possibly December 12th from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, after brief meeting.
          o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
                + TWSIA award group renamed one award: Sites for Portfolios, Projects and other innovative purposes; are there interested applicants? IU-yes, UD-?; does the rubric, designed for courses, work for portfolio implementations? perhaps not, could it be revised? added to?
          o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
                +  this item may be taken off regular OSP Community agenda
          o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
                + this item may be taken off regular OSP Community agenda
          o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
                +  this item may be taken off regular OSP Community agenda

2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts. - no additional information at this time.
    * Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
    * High Priority Issues

3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).

4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
    * SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
    * SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
    * SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool

5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
    * OSP Jira FIlters.

6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. - no additional information at this time.

7. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
    * SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.

8. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
    * Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.

  • No labels