Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 11-21-2011
Reba-Anna Lee, Marist College
Chris Mauer, Indiana University
Jacques Raynauld, MATI Montréal
Debbie Runshe, Indiana University
Janice Smith, Three Canoes
Lynn Ward, Indiana University
1. Community Updates
* Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.
o Teaching with Sakai Webinar series tomorrow, November 22, 2011, from 4:00-5:00 PM, EST
o Design Lenses meeting last week, discussed prototype for OAE regarding structured feedback designs, specifically for annotations (included: collections, can be shared; same item can be in multiple libraries)
+ Next meeting November 30, 2011, 5:00-6:00 PM, EST
* Portfolio Visioning.
o Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
+ Meeting tomorrow, November 22, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST, Lynn will demo the prototype for OAE.
+ Look at what exists, what can be tweaked, info regarding feedback from URG which will also be discussed.
+ Is OSP part of OAE? Interested community. NYU's pilot does focus on portfolio functionality.
o Portfolio Reports. - no additional information at this time.
o Portfolio Minispecs.
+ Next meeting, December 13, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM EST
* OSP Help
o Update sakai.properties documentation
o Accessing 2.6 Help
Help for 2.6 complete, turned over for final approval to Stephen Marquard at Capetown University
o Completing 2.8 Help
o Planning for 2.9 Help
* Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website. - no additional information at this time.
o Enhanced content and links to tool descripton and resources needed.
o Link to OSP Community Directory
* Consider deprecating and/or removing from the tool list in the site.template.portfolio realm the Wizards tool.
o Wizard tool - Rutgers using and consider it very important to their OSP use.
o Design Your Own Portfolio function hidden.
o Portfolio Layouts
o Make sure that there is Help available to assist people in turning these features back on.
* Back burner items for future discussion – no additional information at this time. - no additional information at this time.
o Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.
o Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)
o Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.
o Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community
o Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions
2. 2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.
* Resolved issues for 2.9. We need to go through this list to determine which issues need further explanation in order to clarify what needs to be tested.
o High Priority Issues
+ 21384 - Michigan found some issues with performance IU looking into this issue.
+ 21212 - no response from Chuck regarding status.
+ permission to create portfolio site on the QA server needs admin rights; could be an impediment to testing; can be changed on QA servers on a per build basis
3. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).
4. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
* SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
* SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
* SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool
5. OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* OSP Jira FIlters.
6. OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. -- - no additional information at this time.
7. OSP Performance Issues. - no additional information at this time.
* SAK-20715 Matrices slow to load.
8. On the back burner. - no additional information at this time.
* Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.