Child pages
  • 2011-10-03 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Notes for Weekly OSP Conference Call on 10-03-2011

In attendance:

Noah Botimer – University of Michigan

Chris Mauer - Indiana University

Dave McPherson – University of Delaware

Nancy O’Laughlin - University of Delaware

Debbie Runshe – Indiana University

Janice Smith – Three Canoes

Lynn Ward- Indiana University

1.     Community Updates

  • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group.

§ The Teaching with Sakai Webinar Series: Session 01 – Learning Through Reflective Writing and Immersion with Social Media_,_ last Tuesday, September 27, 2011, was well attended and was very interesting. UC Berkley hosted this inaugural webinar and Bobby White was the presenter.

  • Portfolio Visioning.

§  Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.

  • Meeting Tuesday, September 27, 2011, went well. Reports and Minispecs meetings will be folded into the Visioning meeting time slots.

§  Portfolio Reports|

  • Dave committed 2.9 to branch, plans to commit 2.8 this week, 2.7 later.
  • Lynn will put the files in Open Ed Practices.

§  Portfolio Minispecs.

  • Next meeting will be October 11, 2011, 4:00-5:00 PM, EST.
  • OSP Help-- no additional information discussed

§  Update documentation.

§  Accessing 2.6 Help

§  Completing 2.8 Help

§  Planning for 2.9 Help

  • Upgrading OSP pages on the Sakai Project website| – no additional information discussed

§  Enhanced content and links to tool descriptions and resources needed.

§  Link to OSP Community Directory.

  • Back burner items for future discussion – no additional information discussed

§  Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities.

§  Planning for Sakai 2012 Conference. (Find or make OSP Community banner for Tech Demo.)

§  Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP.

§  Response to Ian Dolphin's request for feedback from the OSP Community

§  Possible occasional discussion of implementation, performance, and teaching and learning issues at our various institutions

2.  2.9 QA Status Test Scripts, OSP QA 2.9 Signups with links to test scripts.

§  Lynn shared scripts were migrated to Google workbook

§  Andrea also overhauling scripts so that they are not dependent on specific servers or user names

§  Andrea will also doing testing w/Lynn and Debbie

§  Andrea has also encountered a number of issues

§  How much time do we have to do testing? couple months; release date March/April

  • High Priority Issues.

§  1st three related

§  21250 – may also be related, browser specific

§  21237 – email, some comments, may be configuration issue, e.g., valid email …configuration issue?

§  Accessibility issues still here

§  21126 – Noah took care of it in trunk; need to merge into 2.8 this week – individuals can decide what renderers they want to use

3.     Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)). – no additional information discussed

  • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH).

4.     Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle). – no additional information discussed

  • SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when English is not the default locale) - Part 2.
  • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
  • SAK-19469 Allow coordinators to view unpublished forms added/owned by another coordinator
  • SAK-19466 Unpublished forms not available to other coordinators in Portfolio Templates tool

5.     OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues. – no additional information discussed

  • OSP Jira FIlters.

6.     OSP Reports Update and Continuing Issues. – no additional information discussed

7.     OSP Performance Issues.

§  20715 – slowness; Noah reported good news – significant progress. Couple of fixes done, will be put in 2.9 for testing .

8.     On the back burner. – no additional information discussed

  • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward.

Next week Chris will be gone, Janice will lead conference call discussion.

  • No labels