Meeting Minutes for Mar. 21, 2011
- Community Updates
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates: On hold.
- Sakai OAE.
- General Status Update.
- Jacques will give a demo tomorrow. Jan will send an email announcement.
- Jan got to hear a lot from Ian Dolphin about OAE. He is aware and supportive of our community. He is open to any input we have about the role of functional people in the design of OAE. He is also aware of the resource needs of the OSP community (developers, etc.). He doesn't have a magic wand, but he listened carefully.
- OAE is moving into a hybrid phase, where 2.x will run in parallel to OAE for a long time.
- IU is providing half of 2 people for OAE, though not for OSP. Michigan just announced a position for OAE QA director.
- Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE. Tomorrow 4pm eastern is next meeting.
- Portfolio Reports. Next meeting 4/5.
- Portfolio Minispecs . Meeting Friday. If people can't attend but have input, send info to Debby.
- General Status Update.
- OSP Help Updates.
- Lynn and Jan have been talking with Elizabeth at KB. She had a bunch of questions, which Jan and Lynn are working on clearing up.
- OSP Marketing.
- Japan Sakai is getting very strong. OSP is getting a bad rap, that it is too complicated. So it is a barrier to adoption. The complication is interpreted by the IT staff. They usually have fewer IT staff than we do. May be something that could be addressed by 3 Canoes. Maybe if they knew about Page Composer or Presentation Composer, they would be less leery. Debby will be working on a presentation about OnCourse, but which might have material that we could use for adopters.
- Google summer of code or CS courses? Chuck Severance is getting his students working on Chuck Hedrick's Lesson Builder.
- IU has hired 3 people, with one available for working on OSP.
- Planning for the Sakai LA Conference in June 2011.
- The people from Japan come to the Sakai Conference every year, but we don't go to their presentations. May be the same for South Africa and Argentina.
- Brian on the committee. The call for proposals is about to go out? Or already went out on listserve? Deadlines are 3/27 for pre-conference activities and 4/3 for main proposals.
- David from VA Tech was talking about doing something more technical in place of Sean, including Forms and XSL. Jacques: could we do something on reporting for it? The morning could go to functional work. Showcase of institutional use of OSP?
- Could we do a virtual presentation with some sort of streaming setup from people who can't come?
- Visioning Session. Jan will send an email to VA Tech, Michigan, U Del, Marist, IU -- what could you do for 10 minutes to show what your institution is doing. Include Japanese institutions to talk about their plans? Jan will reach out to them.
- OSP Innovations.Panel. We don't know who is going, but we could always submit something.
- 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts.
- High Priority Issues.
- JIRA Issues
OSP Jira Team
How hairy is it? Somebody is planning to count on this soon, but we haven't heard anything about this in years. We should see if we can understand the request and what the fix might be. The majority of the xsl-portal work was done by rSmart. Is xsl-portal really even production quality? We can't justify holding up the release for this. There is a comment from Chuck, so there is some direction. Noah will look at it. Noah will downgrade it to critical.
OSP Jira Team
Addressed something in wizards that allowed cross-site scripting. 1. There is a bug 2. There is something wrong with how we handle the bug. Downgrade? You put in bad data and it broke, but not in a way that lets you exploit anything.
OSP Jira Team
Probably been happening since the beginning of time. It is saving correctly. Not critical.
Lynn E. Ward
T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due SAK-26010 Participant asked for feedback unable to view linked assignment in matrix cell Core Team Andrea Schmidt Awaiting Review Unresolved Apr 01, 2014 Apr 16, 2014 SAK-26002 Reviewer receives error when trying to view linked assignment in matrix cell Beth Kirschner Andrea Schmidt In Progress Unresolved Mar 31, 2014 Apr 23, 2014 SAK-22400 unable to change schema in portfolio OSP Jira Team Charles Hedrick Awaiting Review Unresolved Jul 20, 2012 Jan 17, 2014 SAK-21522 Information pop-up when linking assignment to matrix disappears when clicked on, unable to print OSP Jira Team Andrea Schmidt Open Unresolved Dec 06, 2011 Apr 16, 2014 SAK-20416 Illegal state warnings on viewing public Portfolios OSP Jira Team Alan Berg Open Unresolved Apr 07, 2011 Jan 17, 2014 SAK-18344 Add properties to allow Matrices roster synching to be turned off at server level and site level. Chris Maurer Lynn E. Ward Open Unresolved Apr 08, 2010 May 31, 2012
- OSP Community Prioritization of Open Issues.
- Discussion of ways to alert Sakai Foundation leaders of the need to persuade Sakai (portfolio-using) institutions to put more funding into java developers working with OSP. We have an open ear with Ian. We should think out what we need and what to ask for. as we may only get one shot.