Meeting Minutes for Mar. 7, 2011
- Community Updates
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates.
- Sakai OAE.
- General Status Update.
- Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE.
- Portfolio Reports.VA Tech has finished its work on importing IU's reports code locally. They will be at the LA conference and trying to drum up interest in working on reports Sakai-wide. The upgrade to Java 1.6 and the new Tomcat have caused some issues. If Michigan has a writeup of issues, people would appreciate making them public.
- Portfolio Minispecs . The Mini-Specs group met and worked on designing mini-specs.
- OSP Help Updates.
- update sakai.properties documentation.
- OSP Marketing.
- Sakai Project website .
- Enhanced content needed.
- Links to additional resources needed.
- OSP Community Directory update.
- Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities. Miami of Ohio was at IU getting a tour of how they use Sakai. Chris made a plug for OSP, and they seemed like they might be interested.
- Sakai Project website .
- Planning for the Sakai LA Conference in June 2011.
- They've changed the way they deal with "tracks". Instead of calling for papers in certain tracks, they will take papers in various categories, then put them into tracks based on what people submit on. There may not be a Portfolio track, but they will try to make a "flow" for sessions so that things of interest aren't at the same time.
- OSP Community Activities: How to Encourage Collaboration in an Open Source Community.
- Half-Day Pre-Conference OSP Workshop.
- OSP Innovations.Panel
- Portfolio Visioning Discussion Session.
- Is there interest in a session like Sean's last year that teaches people how to make XSLs, etc.? It would be good to have some kind of session where people can exchange info on how they solve different problems.
- 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts.
- New release coming out within days, so Marist is waiting till it comes out for their next round of testing.
- High Priority Issues.
OSP Jira Team
Should be really easy to fix
The worst thing to have happen would be that we wouldn't get it in for 2.8.0, but there would be a ton of changes for 2.8.1. Should it go into 2.9?
Lynn E. Ward
- Open 2.8 OSP Jiras.
- Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle)).
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). No progress.
- #* SAK-20164 Two Issues with support files for imported data structures. First, due to a change in IU code, if someone other than the owner tries to touch a support file (say, to detach a custom renderer from a form) there will be a stack trace. Chris has fixed this at IU and will port the change to community code. IU also changed the location where imported support files are stored so that they now go into the site's resources. Do we want this in community code? Looks like a no brainer.
- SAK-20147 MIME Type issue Chris might be able to get it in for the next tag.
- Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle).