Child pages
  • 2011-02-14 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Feb. 14, 2011

  1. Community Updates
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. Lynn having special meeting today. Sam Peck will be taking Edd Acheson's place, but gave current employer 4 weeks notice. John Norman and Goodrum have been prioritizing and dividing tasks into 3-week sprints through mid-April. We aren't sure how our input will be taken into account. (As an aside, the Product Council is undergoing changes, and may no longer exist.) We will forge ahead.
    • Status updates on OSP Help Updates
      • update sakai.properties documentation
    • 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts
    • Sakai OAE General Status Update. We are being encouraged to continue our process while the OAE team reorganizing itself. We will continue with Mini-Specs.
    • Portfolio Visioning for Sakai OAE 1/25 General Visioning meeting. Who will be reviewing our Mini-Specs as we create them? Will meet again on 2/22. Had a presentation by Jacques about their progress at HEC Montreal. This may be how we are going to get Portfolios into OAE. Jacques: the mini-specs are really helpful for giving them direction.
    • Portfolio Reports. Last Tuesday met. VA Tech continues to work on IU Reports Tool. It would be added to trunk and then individual institutions could back-port it. Delaware is working on "Form Parser", which currently pulls out a lot of data, but then you have to decide what to do with it. Will meet again 3/1.
    • Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities. We have been more visible to the community in how we track our progress. Initial timeline was aiming at mid-March, which seems to have slipped a little, probably to early April. It would be nice to have 2.8.1 or 2 out in time for the conference. In general, we seem to be on a yearly release cycle, with maintenance releases in between. Noah would like the maintenance releases to come out more frequently and on a more regular schedule. Marist will set up users and sites so that other people can easily drop in and do testing. Marist has the workflow that after something is fixed, the ticket is reassigned to the original reporter, so that they can test it. We should consider doing a session on QA at the Sakai Conference.
    • OSP Marketing Sean Keesler says that if we had more text for the OSP website, we can pass it on to Sean and he will put it up. What's there now is a placeholder. The OSP Community Directory linked to by the page doesn't have everyone on it that should be there. Please update your entry.
  • No labels