Child pages
  • 2010-12-13 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Dec. 13, 2010

Next meeting 1/3/11.

  1. Community Updates
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. Quarterly meeting held last Tuesday. Lenses meeting this evening. Re-conceptualization of the directory service. Jacques will make their mockup tool available.
    • Status updates on OSP Help Updates
    • 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts. Erica will create test environment on qa3 when it is updated with the beta build.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
      • Virtual Meeting for Portfolio Visioning in Sakai 3.0Personas group met recently. Primary user scenarios defined and being fleshed out. Nancy has produced a draft of an assessment coordinator persona. Meetings will resume for Portfolio Visioning after the New Year.
    • ReportingDave was going to pursue merging IU reporting tools with their version of Sakai.
    • Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities
    • OSP Marketing
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH)
    • SAK-19443Unable to add Evaluators/Reviewers to Wizard pages and Matrix cells (IU)
    • SAK-19690 - Linking posted assignments to published matrix cells throws an error. Chris will be looking at it.
    • SAK-19643 - Alan Berg reported something as a blocker, but it may be working as intended. On startup, system will send out an email
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale) - Part 2. Noah working on a better solution than the existing patch.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge). IU hopes to get it into 2.9, but it has fallen on the back burner.
    • IU issue they want to tackle: No way to filter on shared portfolios. Names not in alphabetical order, and no grouping. VTech has sites with 1500 students, but will have bigger ones coming up. At VTech the portfolios page is sortable. Implemented by Unicon? Maybe could be shared with the community. There is group awareness in the Evaluations tool.
    • IU issue they want to tackle: Coordinators cannot see unpublished forms. Especially a problem in the Portfolios Template tool, because the the template can end up getting saved without the Portfolio Options form if the Portfolio Options form was invisible to the person who opened the template.
  4. On the back burner
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. No news.
  • No labels