Child pages
  • 2010-12-06 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Dec. 6, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Nothing new.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. Few meetings. Quarterly update next Thursday.
    • Status updates on OSP Help Updates. Jan made some progress on 2.8. She will update Robin's work. Robin done with Matrices, but willing to take a crack at Assignments. IU has a document on how to link a portfolio with an assignment. She also probably has something from the Assignments point of view.There is a resurrection in interest in documentation under the End-User Support Group. Trying to collect all the documentation intended for end users together an make it available. Also trying to streamline process. Question, why is OSP documentation so hard to write? Robin drafted some answers. No one from KB participated in the discussion. There are people whose job it is to maintain the documentation, they should be included in any discussions. We need to address why Marshall Feldman keeps complaining. Elizabeth should be first point of contact. Maybe also include her supervisor, Jonathan. The help files are written for somebody who is being led through it by an expert.
      • update sakai.properties documentation
    • 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts. Erica will create test environment when Chris updates to beta tag. Andrea at IU will be testing again when she is done testing for the IU release. Noah has been in touch with Alan Berg. How to set up OSP testing environment, either automated, or manual. Tips for organizing testing: making clear who is doing what where. Teaching and Learning has pulled together "bug bashes" where everyone gets on the phone and logs in to test. There is a very well organized page that Andrea listed herself on as a tester. Search "OSP 2.8 signup" to find the page. We need new test scripts for Portfolios tool and Portfolios Templates tool.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
      • Work done on reporting. Progress both on IU and Serensoft approaches.
      • 3 scenarios defined as primary scenarios, which only need one new persona, plus some tweaks to existing personas. Nancy O'Laughlin creating the new one. Subgroup of the personas group is trying to come up with a tentative list of titles for Mini-Specs and prioritize them. Not meeting again this month. They have a bi-weekly meeting on Fridays (1/14 is the next one).
      • Virtual Meeting for Portfolio Visioning in Sakai 3.0
      • Sakai 3 ePortfolio
    • Reporting
    • Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities
    • OSP Marketing. Today Robin will be showing the narrative she has written up to Stanford. They might be interested in an admission portfolio.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). No update.
    • SAK-19443Unable to add Evaluators/Reviewers to Wizard pages and Matrix cells (IU). Javascript errors that should all be fixed.
    • Static Code Review
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale) - Part 2. Conflict between system default and user preference setting. We haven't seen the problem in the wild. The problem with the fix is that it loses some functionality like "page 1 of 6"). Noah thinks there is a way to get this functionality back. Partial fix needs to be rolled back and the new fix merged in.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge).
  4. On the back burner
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward
  • No labels