Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting Minutes for Nov. 8, 2010
- Community Updates
- OSP JIRA review status update. Chris got to a number of Jira items.
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates
- Status updates on OSP Help Updates
- update sakai.properties documentation
- 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts. IU and Marist are doing testing.
- Sakai 3 General Status Updates
- Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward
- Reporting. Next reporting meeting in a month (first week of December?) Dave McPherson will be contacting Chris about merging IU work on reporting into generic Sakai.
- Recruiting OSP resources for QA or other activities. We should make the value of participating more explicit. The benefits aren't immediately obvious. Are we driving towards a document, and how will that document be use? Are we looking for mockups? Someone to take notes?
- OSP Marketing. Chris edited one of the links on the Project Portfolio page so it now links to the Portfolio list itself. There is more work to be done updating the page. There are links to outdated material.
- Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
- SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH)
- SAK-18742 Selecting two column layout for a page throws an Exception with a bug report for the end user - 2.6.x DEMO (IU). Affects 2.7.1 and 2.6.4, so needs to be fixed in several branches. It might be necessary to do some conversion. A restart may not be enough to fix it. Serious if you are creating, not updating. We might want to make a utility with some UI around it. We can't guarantee that we will get it 100% right without human eyes.
- Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
- SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). Done.
- SAK-19184 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale) - Part 2. Noah talked with Beth to understand this. The problem isn't that OSP isn't translated, it's that there is a problem when the default is one thing, but the user switches the local. In those cases, the default language slips through some places. This patch is to make the user's selection take priority. It's a problem to test because you have to look at the whole tool. Conversation now with Alan, Beth, and David to see if this should go through or if it should go into 2.9. Jan has seen this in production with a client. Tough to tell whether is is just an incomplete translation, or the wrong language sneaking through. Chris: this can't make it worse. One thing that is broken in the page numbering text ("Page 1 of 10").
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge). No progress lately. Going into 2.9.