Child pages
  • 2010-10-18 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Oct. 18, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesSome confusion over whether new help docs apply to 2.7 or 2.8. Should be compatible with both. Matrices tool will be documented for 2.8 by the time Robin is done. Some tools, like Glossary and Forms, haven't changed.
    • 2.8 QA Status Test Scripts, 2.8 QA Signup with links to test scripts. Lynn created signup sheet and has her hourly working on updating the scripts.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. Will probably be for 2.9 rather than 2.8 because of a downstream dependency on Assignment.
    • Reporting. Should we mockup what we want in a report? That's what Lynn did for IU. Noah would like to see examples of real. public reports that are used for accreditation, etc., so we know what we are aiming for. Debbie has several users who have used reporting functionality. Can she provide actual final reports? Problem is that users haven't been able to generate reports, so they don't exist. IU modeled their mockups on commercially available reporting systems. Nancy may be able to get some reports. Not just for preparing for an accreditation, also for internal evaluation. How are undergraduates doing on such and such? Should be a separate group from the portfolio group. Debbie, Jacques, Robin, and Tiffany would like to be part of the group. Need to come up with some archetypal reports.
    • Bryan Holladay will be moving on from IU to another Sakai-related company.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). Noah will try to work on it this week
  3. ai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale)
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge). Won't be in 2.8. Will try to get it in 2.9.
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge). Has been approved for 2.8. May be in the next tag. It's in trunk now. Noah will touch base with Seth today.
  • No labels