Child pages
  • 2010-10-04 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Oct. 4, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Chris will only be able to look at blockers for now.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesWizards tool is done. Coming down the home stretch. 2.8 changes are being dealt with.
    • 2.8 QA Status Test ScriptsLynn's student will be doing testing and updating scripts to reflect IU changes. Marist students are ready to start as soon as there is a sign-up page. Erica will make it.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. No updates.
    • Dave at VA Tech has been exploring training in XML/XSL development. There was a lot of interest from all around, including Mexico and South Africa.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). Noah hasn't had a chance to work on this.
    • Filter for selecting portfolio template xsl is too strict.
    • When you import a portfolio template, the files go into the user's My Workspace. If the import folder is not public, then no one but the importer can use the portfolio.
    • Reporting is a make or break issue for many schools. Can we afford to wait for Sakai 3? We need reporting now, not three years from now. Should we put resources towards Serensoft's tool. Chris will put reporting on the agenda as a continuing topic.
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). This was closed, then split out into SAK-19184.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge) Probably won't make it into 2.8.
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge) Probably won't make it into 2.8. It got some -1 votes. There are changes to kernel, which worried people. The IU people communicated early and often with the people whose work was affected (like Preferences people at UMich), but not with the people in charge of the overall product.
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse - planning to have an agreed plan by 8/23 (may affect or be affected by independent release work) Reports is pulled out of the release. The warehouse had dependencies.
  • No labels