Child pages
  • 2010-09-27 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for Sept. 27, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Chris goes in from time to time. Fixed a blocker last week.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. Monthly meeting won't take place until mid-Oct. Design lenses is involved in mini-specs, much related to Portfolios. Robin has started a page to watch issues that cut across tools, like the ability to comment on any item anywhere. Lenses call today at 5 eastern.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesJan updated the page so that there is room for 2.8 and not for tools that aren't being documented.
    • 2.8 QA Status Test ScriptsMarist will have 20-30 hours a week to contribute towards testing. Lynn has an hourly that will be doing testing, perhaps focused on updating test scripts.Erica will coordinate where pages go. She will create a sign-up list for updating scripts, and bring it up at the next meeting. Chris is migrating qa-3 to linux, which will take some time.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
      • Virtual Meeting for Portfolio Visioning in Sakai 3.0Meeting tomorrow 4-5 eastern. We have an Australian participating. Clay will show up tomorrow to talk about mini-specs. He wants work more directed. 3 groups have moved ahead. "What are the purposes of portfolios". Taxonomy of portfolios by Robert. What about coming into alignment with international standards for portfolios. We need to fill gap in personae for portfolio. The minispecs are the crucial thing. Administrative uses should be emphasized (tenure and promotion, student assessment). First step is to have personae. Does the individual's right to own their own data get lost. If we are going to talk about reports and other administrative facilities, then we need to be sure the facilities are really there. We don't want a repeat of Reports. We have to be very conscious of what is really possible. Raw material for import into SPSS? Will is an expert on Cognos reports. We could use his expertise to find out what data we need to provide. We aren't going to try to build a reporting system like the ones that cost $100s of thousands. We need to provide data that can be used by reporting systems. What kind of structure do we need for the data? Sakai 3 technology (Sling) is much more flexible than 2.x. But we should be conservative in our statements about the technology, and specific about what we want. We need specific examples. And get this into the minispecs. We need input from real experts in statistical analysis and research. Montreal is including data reporting in its current work. They are focused on organizing the data according to a model. For the Visioning meeting, we should encourage people to look at what their individual institutions have wanted and needed by way of reporting.
      • Sakai 3 ePortfolio
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. No update.
    • Training for XML/XSL -- could be hosted at VA Tech. Three Canoes would be interested in doing the training. Delaware also interested.
    • VA Tech may be interested in a fix to including attachments in a portfolio.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). Not done yet.
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). Beth splitting this into two parts, comments on ticket. One of Chris' fixes last week was a problem introduced by 14401.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge)
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge)
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse - planning to have an agreed plan by 8/23 (may affect or be affected by independent release work). Happening in 2.8 (Reports has been taken out, but there are cross-dependencies for the Warehouse, so it is just set to off by default.)
  • No labels