Child pages
  • 2010-08-30 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for August 30, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Still outstanding. Chris will go through as he has time. It's peak busy season for them now, though.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. They are discussing mini-specs. The lenses group is reviewing content-creation and management.There will be a quarterly meeting of the T&L community on Friday.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesJan is still working on it.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
      • Virtual Meeting for Portfolio Visioning in Sakai 3.0Good news: a lot of people want to talk about it. Phillip Uys thinks it would be nice for people from Australia to attend. We don't actually have a person from Australia, but maybe because the time doesn't work Monday the 20th at 1pm EST. A small group will start today and try to work out logistics. That meeting will make suggestions. How can we help the people who are moving ahead with Sakai 3 communicate with each other without cramping their style. Are we looking for grant money? We would need at least a half time grant writer to proceed with that. Right now Sakai 3 focus is on Q1 milestone, which involves a lot of basic plumbing. There is reference to Portfolio-like facilities in later milestones. It will be easier for the Sakai 3 management team to focus on portfolio matters if they have clear input from us. Mini-specs could be a vehicle for this.
      • Sakai 3 ePortfolio
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. Hopefully Anthony will get a chance to work on this as soon as he gets back from vacation.
    • HEC/Montreal Demo of Portfolio 3.0 [August 9th]. They have changes coming down the pike. They now have a way to specify roles for students and admins at the time you design the mockup for a site. Jacques will post something later in the week. They can demo in two weeks (the 13th).
    • Page Composer 2 is ready and will be posted on confluence tomorrow.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH). Noah is looking at it now.
    • SAK-18910 Matrices / rendering bug (IU). IU fix has been in locally for 2 weeks without problem, so will merge it into Sakai.
    • SAK-18929 Issues in my workspace evaluations (IU). Problem in 2.6, not 2.7. There was a second stack trace in the Jira that there is no info about.
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). Some portion of this was checked in on the 18th. The patch supplied had some bugs that Beth didn't have time to work on. She communicated the info to David and said she would apply it when it was fixed. Biggest issue is testing, since this affects all the screens in OSP (or Sakai?). Beth is unlikely to have any more time to work on this. It would be good if someone close to internationalization work could spend time on this. Intended code freeze mid-September to October first.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge). Last week Chris added in property to turn it on and off. By the next call this should be wrapped up.
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge) Chris is hopeful he can get this fixed up this week and in a branch for review. It will need to be reviewed before code freeze.
    • Chris has been working on attachments inside form  items. Chris has fixes for this. You might have to change your XSL to use the new facilities. Va Tech should be informed. Should be in IU production in a week or so. Also a change was made to the default form renderer so that reviewers can see attached files.
    • Michigan may get CKeditor into 2.8.
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse - planning to have an agreed plan by 8/23 (may affect or be affected by independent release work). Pending independent release.
  • No labels