Child pages
  • 2010-08-23 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for August 23, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Chris couldn't get through anything last week, but should be able to this week.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates. People on T&L have been asked to create "mini-specs" that are representations of work that has already been done. In many cases they are a mix of work already done with a vision of what may come in the future. Specs written so far vary in the level of detail and the level at which they are written. Some are self-labeled "manifestos". Others are like functional specs. Goal is to make sure everyone is on the same page with what we are developing. They are creating a template for the mini-specs. Maybe links to spreadsheet and design lenses should be part of template.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesJan has four Help things that are ready for incorporation by KB people.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
      • Virtual Meeting for Portfolio Visioning in Sakai 3.0Monday, 8/30 1:30 - 3? Tiffany and Noah have a conflict, but will try to reschedule. We don't know whether NYU could come. There is a potential agenda linked from Meetings page and click on Portfolio Visioning in the agenda. Michigan will write up mini-specs for the work it has done.
      • Sakai 3 ePortfolio
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. First week of September.
    • HEC/Montreal Demo of Portfolio 3.0 [August 9th]. Jan: demo was inspiring in that it was a seamless, less complicated way of doing what we currently do with assessment.
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool (UMICH)
    • SAK-18910 Matrices / rendering bug (IU). Chris put a fix in at IU, will merge it back today.
    • SAK-18929 Issues in my workspace evaluations (IU). Issue with brand new user who isn't in any sites. Alan added in a second, unrelated bug in the same Jira. Chris is working on them.
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale)
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge) Chris thinks he has it ready. Will bring things back into another branch for review this week.
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge) There are a couple things IU wants a little more feedback on, then will get it in.
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse - planning to have an agreed plan by 8/23 (may affect or be affected by independent release work)
  • No labels