Child pages
  • 2010-08-16 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Minutes for August 16, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • OSP JIRA review status update. Chris has been busy with new release, but will get to Jiras.
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group updates
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesJanice is finishing up the fourth item that can be forwarded to KB. Apparently Sakai UI is calling a form instance an "item". The word instance doesn't mean much to the average user. We will use "completed form".
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates
    • Independent OSP release cycle: action items moving forward. Anthony is trying to release 2.71 and go on vacation first week of September. Monday, Sept. 6 is the first time he will be able to engage with us.
    • HEC/Montreal Demo of Portfolio 3.0 [August 9th]
  2. Sakai/OSP Maintenance Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-18766 Erratic Stickiness of Group and User, No page update after Manage Status in Matrices tool. Noah hasn't tracked it down, but hopes to have it tracked down this week.
    • SAK-18910 Matrices / rendering bug. Has to do with thickbox file that's on the page. The css in the thickbox file is affecting other content. Can't use bulletted and numbered lists. Should be possible to scope down the CSS.
  3. Sakai Development Status (next major release cycle)
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). David Martinez supplied a patch that was broken. Beth doesn't plan to do much more work on this. She's waiting on a fix from David. There are two risks involved. There is some half-done stuff that might give the impression of completeness. Also, this is a broad, shallow change that requires testing. It would be great if someone in one of the locales could make a pass through.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag, branch, test server review and trunk merge) Chris will get to this eventually.
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) (pending branch, test server and trunk merge)
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse - planning to have an agreed plan by 9/6 (may affect or be affected by independent release work) Defer until we can work with Anthony on independent release.
  • No labels