Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes for July 12, 2010
- Community Updates
- OSP JIRA review. We seem to have an image problem in the community because of the number of outstanding bugs over all the tools and compare it to smaller tools, and then think we have a huge number of bugs. Beth did some number crunching and found that we are actually well below average for number of bugs. Beth proposes we get a team of volunteers to go over the open bugs and feature requests and close everything that is not relevant any more. Noah and Beth will be on the team. Send email to Beth by end of the day today.
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group & requirements gathering. There are 6 areas of interest that the T&L group has been discussing the last few weeks. They are trying to determine how much traction these issues have gotten, so asked people to sign up for work. Lynn, Daphne, and ?? will be meeting with Alan Marks, the new OpenEdPractices.org does so much now that it isn't clear to users what the purpose of the site is, and how to get to portfolio materials. Probably some changes should be made to the structure, and this group may be interested in it.
- Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesLynn intervened with KB people. We will turn over the updates to them tool by tool. Later we will add 2.7 help and notify the KB people.
- Sakai 3 General Status Updates. Jan has an email ready to go out about an OSP in Sakai 3 visioning session. Is confluence a good place to set up agenda and structure. Then after agenda set up, set up a Doodle calendar. Phillip Uys has cross-linked the page on Sakai 3 roadmap with the Sakai 3 UM visioning work. We can add a link to the new visioning session once we have it ready. UM is open to comment from others. Jacques: Montreal internally is discussing committing resources to Sakai 3, merging development efforts. They should post materials to the Sakai 3 area of confluence.
- Independent OSP release cycle pros & cons. Some benefits: distributing the QA effort so we could have a more focused effort on OSP. One concern: we would need a dedicated QA server for OSP. Foundation didn't see a problem with that. Moving to independent release cycle would involve managing the release. One reason Anthony suggest we do this is so that we can break down the monolithic Sakai release cycle. Would allow us to release features out of cycle. Would require documentation for how to incorporate it. Will there be confusion with OSP and Sakai release numbers. Should OSP have release numbers like 4.0? Moving to indie release doesn't involve any changing any code, just making changes to Maven xml files. Process of releasing the code can be simplified dramatically. Metaobj would also have to be made an indie release. Assignments might also be one. Anthony would join our group for a while and get everything set up. Think about it over the week and then let's discuss specifics next week: what are the dependencies, what numbering sequence for releases. People should be thinking about the cultural aspects of the question: what is the general size and shape of what would be ready for a release? We would use the usual cycle of feature freeze, QA, etc. Foundation has a continuous integration server for all the projects on an independent release cycle. On a nightly basis they will generate the binaries that people will use.
- Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
Most outstanding issues are related to Wizards, which aren't getting much development attention lately. We should let bugs go.
- SAK-15929 Maintain able to use wizards without permission to do so
- SAK-18515 Crash when canceling Manage status in Hierarchical wizard
- SAK-18742 Selecting two column layout for a page throws an Exception with a bug report for the end user - 2.6.x DEMO. Beth just resolved this last week.
- Sakai 2.7.1 Development Status
- SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale)
- SAK-18197 Coordinators can not see unpublished forms in Wizards
- SAK-18198 Guidance labels not displaying properly in OSP wizards
- SAK-18215 Groups not appearing as drop-down option for changing status of a page in OSP Wizards
- SAK-18309 OSP permission helper UX mismatch
- SAK-18346 Missing "remove" button for reflections & feedback in wizards
- SAK-18427 PermissionExceptions on startup of demo
- SAK-18011 Page title does not support special characters
- 18644 Editing a portfolio tracks Need to change event name. But raises the question, what logging do we want? Do we want things more granular.
- Status update: 2.7 QA Testing (The OSP Test Scripts can be found at OSP Test Scriptsand Scripts for Testing IU Enhancements)
- Sakai 2.8 Development Status
- SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle
- SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag; test server review and trunk merge)
- SAK-15547 Skip First Step of Portfolio Creation (if only one choice presented to user)
- SAK-17579 OSP fails if compiled on Java 1.6
- SAK-18559 Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) - Beth has reviewed design cursorily and doesn't see any red flags. Do we need to coordinate with the User Preferences tool? Noah will follow up. Please take a look at the design.
- Deprecate Reports & Warehouse
- Sakai 3.0 Development Status