Child pages
  • 2010-06-28 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting minutes for June 28, 2010

  1. Community Updates
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group & requirements gathering. Josh has added 5 new initiatives to the Teaching and Learning page based on post-conference discussions. Distance learning group formed spontaneously at the conference.
    • Status updates on OSP Help UpdatesJan and Lynn working with KB people to get help in. We are waiting for them to get back to us on how to proceed.
    • Sakai 3 General Status Updates. Jan: Nancy O'Laughlin helped process the notes from the Sakai 3 planning session. The notes are now posted in the conference wiki and in . We have the opportunity to link something to the Portfolio section of the Sakai 3 roadmap. Should we post the notes from the planning session there? Probably not -- should compose a specialized document. Should we have a visioning session like the Teaching and Learning virtual meeting? Jan will initiate some kind of dialog on the list about who will participate and how. We need to articulate what specific users are trying to accomplish in the system. There is a meeting getting started between Charles Sturt, Berkeley, and others on Thursdays at 5:00.
    • Adobe Connect for those outside of USA?
    • Option for independent OSP release cycle? Noah has sent out an email that should clarify the issues and choices we have. We should discuss it at the next meeting. Discussion on the email list is also welcome.
  2. Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-15929 Maintain able to use wizards without permission to do so. No progress. He will attach a patch with his current progress, which is not complete, in case someone else can work on it.
    • SAK-18515 Crash when canceling Manage status in Hierarchical wizard. Beth suggested that Michigan and IU should each try to do a bug at a time so we make progress through the list.
  3. Sakai 2.7.1 Development Status
    • SAK-14401 OSP Tools don't respect language/locale preferences (only when english is not the default locale). There is a patch attached to the ticket. Beth will look at it and, if it is reasonable, apply it in trunk.
    • SAK-17940 Auto-select of Portfolio Forms causing intermittent problems. Michigan working on this.
    • SAK-18197 Coordinators can not see unpublished forms in Wizards
    • SAK-18198 Guidance labels not displaying properly in OSP wizards
    • SAK-18215 Groups not appearing as drop-down option for changing status of a page in OSP Wizards
    • SAK-18309 OSP permission helper UX mismatch
    • SAK-18346 Missing "remove" button for reflections & feedback in wizards
    • SAK-18427 PermissionExceptions on startup of demo
    • SAK-18011 Page title does not support special characters
    • Status update: 2.7 QA Testing (The OSP Test Scripts can be found at OSP Test Scriptsand Scripts for Testing IU Enhancements)
  4. Sakai 2.8 Development Status
    • SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle. Michigan will provide.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (pending adding optional flag; test server review and trunk merge)
    • SAK-15547 Skip First Step of Portfolio Creation (if only one choice presented to user)
    • SAK-17579 OSP fails if compiled on Java 1.6
    • SAK-18559  Add support for email notification preferences in Matrices and Wizards (download design) The need arose at IU. In 2.7 participants are notified whenever new feedback or eval is submitted. Evaluators are notified when a matrix becomes available for review. Can result in a lot of emails. Site specific preferences about how emails delivered (digest, etc.) from within the matrix (so you don't have to go to My Preferences). Chris is very close to finishing up implementation. Michigan has pretty much picked up the Preferences tool, but Chris should be able to commit. Since this affects the Preferences tool, this should be discussed on the dev list. Beth will send an email to the people at Michigan who are working on the Preferences tool alerting them to the work. Everyone should look at the spec so there aren't surprises. The spec is long and complicated, though the functionality is simple.
    • Deprecate Reports & Warehouse. Beth added this as a result of conversations at the conference with Alan Berg. IU would still use it.
  5. Sakai 3.0 Development Status
  • No labels