Child pages
  • 2010-01-18 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting minutes for January 18, 2010

  1. Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
    • SAK-16433 FCK editor freeform portfolio item plugin does not create hyperlink. Bryan was going to look at this. Thought to be different from a previous issue we had.
    • Marist has an issue with copying and pasting in Freeform Portfolios in Firefox using the Paste from Word button. It turns styles into attributes. Only in freeform. Should be tested in a QA server. Should be written up in a Jira. Looks right the first time, but can't reedit it.
  2. Sakai 2.7 Development Status
    • Status update: 2.7 QA Testing (The OSP Test Scripts can be found at System Test Scriptsand Scripts for Testing IU Enhancements). Need to have a public page to report testing results. We should make a page we are comfortable with, and Alan can link to it. Marist student testers should be back next week.
    • Status update: Code review / bug fixes - info from Alan Berg - SAK-17647. 30-40 issues. Will do new stress testing when issues are fixed. UM will put time into it. IU not on call. UM probably not in the next couple of days, but maybe for the next build after that. The sooner it is done, the sooner it can be subjected to functional testing.
    • SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle. Noah wanted to talk to Chris about it. Running fine in production at UM. UM will create scripts, but wants feedback from Chris and Capetown and Rutgers.
    • SAK-17508 Can't change name of portfolio in Portfolios tool. Has started consistently showing up in IU servers. If someone has a server where this consistently occurs, please note it in the Jira ticket.
    • SAK-17579 OSP fails if compiled on Java 1.6. Tabled due to more pressing needs.
    • SAK-17323 In Portfolios tool, prompt user to give portfolio a name at the time of creation. IU has implemented this. Needs to be merged.
    • SAK-17324 Edit Portfolio Name & Description at top of Summary Screen (move read-only fields to bottom of summary screen).- Implemented in trunk. Put comments in Jira ticket or portfolio list.
    • SAK-17683 Double-clicks in content screen of portfolio tool dangerous. When you have multiple forms in a templated portfolio, you could double click to move a form over to the Selected box. Students at UM were confused by the functionality, and it is a problem for collaborative portfolios. Implemented in trunk, and will be merged into 2.7.
    • SAK-17662 Downloading a Portfolio causes a stacktrace. Only seems to happen with one particular portfolio template (our testing template).
    • sak-17705 Hiding Portfolio generates NullPointerExceptionRegression. Fixed, but not yet merged to 2.7. Beth will merge it today, as it has already been verified.
  3. Sakai 2.8 Development Status
    • SAK-17564 Support display of Public Portfolios within a site. On UM to-do list.
    • SAK-17351 Copy Portfolio (Feature Template proposal pending). No movement.
    • SAK-16693 Roster Synchronization (see Roster Synchronization for details) (Review Pending on January 25)
    • SAK-15547 Skip First Step of Portfolio Creation (if only one choice presented to user). On everyone's wish list. Noah wants it, so he will eventually get to it.
    • SAK-17653 OSP Column/Row names are not updated at the cell title level. Noah talked with VT about it. When you create a matrix and give the rows and columns names, they are combined in the cell titles. Those names are permanent. Should be changed so that changed column or row will be updated automatically if not customized, but if custom title given, ask? Probably related to language change. Should we let people use a formatting string, or simplify the way it is created so it doesn't say "row" or "column". Sean and Will will make comments on ticket.
    • Charise may be willing to come up with a feature template for copying a portfolio.
  4. Standing Agenda
    • Sakai 3 Development & Content Authoring
    • Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group & requirements gathering. The 2-day virtual workshop -- Feb. 4th and 5th. Page off the T&L site for signing up. Lynn and Jan will be there. Beth is signed up for a virtual meeting. 
    • Documentation & Communication
      • OSP content moved, but needs to be cleaned up and links set up to it. 
    • Status updates on OSP Help Updates Now in review stage. Brian at Marist is signed up to discuss aggregated tools. Marist is having heated discussion about branding and how much Marist branding should there be in the templates. IU has several branded skins, but some not branded.
    • Sean and Jan have been working on rubrics for evaluating ePortfolios. They've created rubrics that work with matrix they will upload to OpenEdPractices.org. Not a bad idea for Sakai to align itself with AAC&U. Might be a good model for Sakai 3. Evaluation form has a custom renderer that calculates students' scores.
  • No labels