Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes for December 21, 2009
- Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
- SAK-17055 Matrix group filtering does not differentiate Sections from Groups Needs to be verified.
- SAK-17481 Error saving a free form portfolio when a page has been created with no layout.
- SAK-17502 Unique constraint violation on osp presentations tool. Major. No one else has seen it. IU is not investigating it.
- SAK-17119 Previewing Unsaved Freefrom Portfolio results in stack trace. Was assigned to Beth, but she is assigning it back to OSP Jira team.
- Sakai 2.7 Development Status
- Status update: 2.7 QA Testing Erica has modernized the test scripts so that they are less oriented towards the Portfolio portal and Portfolio sites. Now it is more oriented to the XSL portal and project sites. There are notes that guide through quick testing and thorough testing. No wizard scripts have been updated, only Matrix scripts. There is a new page that track updates. Erica will link to the System Test Scripts from 2.7 Testing page.
- Known issues remaining for merged SAK-15710 (IU enhancements)
- SAK-15877 Ensure conversion scripts are correct. Chris closed.
- SAK-16237 Not allowed to evaluate in Evaluations tool in My Workspace
- SAK-17350 Broken link back to associated assignment when editing a cell
- SAK-17458 Matrices broken for Site migrated from 2.6 Chris fixed
- SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle. List will be up today
- SAK-17508 Can't change name of portfolio in Portfolios tool. Only one server where it was reproducible reliably, now not showing up at all except on qa1-nl.
- SAK-17579 OSP fails if compiled on Java 1.6. Many tools have this problem. There is a workaround.
- SAK-17587 Can't get past step 2 when creating a portfolio template under java 1.6 Chris solved this.
- Sakai 2.8 Development Status
- SAK-17564 Support display of Public Portfolios within a site. Beth revised the screenshot on the Jira based on suggestions from Urmila. Get rid of All portfolios tab. My Portfolios, Portfolios Shared with Me, and Public Portfolios.
- SAK-17598 Allow free-form portfolio presentations to be disabled - eligible for 2.7? Noah: there are certain sites that don't use freeform portfolios. People are drawn to the Freeform. Implemented with a Property in sakai.properties and also in individual site. No change in behavior by default. Deferred auto select of only one possible selection, default to that. Beth linked ticket to this item. IU will run this change in 2.6 production. Jan: the sooner the better. If there is nothing that could be selected, the Create Portfolio link doesn't appear.
- SAK-17351 Copy Portfolio. A lot of interest in this. Is it on anyone's radar to implement? Copy everything by reference? Sometimes you want to duplicate. Assignments or Quizes, there is a duplicate link that people are pleased with. VT would want the feature primarily for portfolios not attached to a matrix, but not exclusively. IU was planning to use a tool like this for faculty at the end of the year. But needed old forms to still be available. Copy of student's portfolio. Or what was the snapshot of a matrix at a given point in time. Use cases should be added to ticket.
- SAK-17324 Add Portfolio Name to Portfolio Details on Summary Screen. 3 different proposals for one/two problems. How to make users aware that they should name there portfolio and how to do it. Just before code freeze, title moved down to Details section. Suggestion: when you select portfolio template, there would be a screen asking you to name it. Noah and Gonzalo: screenshot added to ticket with pop-up, "Change the title, dummy". The problem was that it wasn't obvious where to change the title. Lynn: value to skipping extra screen. When user comes back, may not remember how to change it. Add a header that says Portfolio Title? Teggin: leave the message up? Having it one way at Michigan and another at IU allows for some user testing. Decided: we should add "Title" in front of the title. Urmila will mock up her idea of moving the Description field up above, so that the editable fields are together. IU has a good user testing group in Bloomington that might be able to look a the Portfolios tool.
- Standing Agenda Updates
- Teaching and Learning (T&L) Group & requirements gathering. Josh Baron sent out invitation to a virtual working session on Sakai 3 for late January or early February. We should be involved.