Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes for November 23, 2009
- Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status (Bug fixes can be verified on the following QA servers Nightly Build (HSQLDB) or Nightly build (Oracle))
- SAK-12914 Database error when importing osp matrix. Untouched.
- SAK-16871 osp share sends wrong password. Has a patch, but not quite right.
- SAK-17055 Matrix group filtering does not differentiate Sections from Groups. Open.
- SAK-17247 In IE8, Forms with required select fields (minoccurs=1) do not display the red asterisk. Unclear whether it affects other browsers.
- SAK-17423 xsl:import in Portfolio template doesn't work. Probably just something overlooked when functionality was put in for forms. Should be easy to fix.
- Sakai 2.7 Development Status
- Status update: 2.7 QA TestingBeth has created a 2.7 Testing page linked from meetings page. Not much there yet. Michigan posted list of priority tools. If anyone has time for testing or script writing, please contact Erica. Can we leverage the work done for Help test. 2.7 has been branched and is available on three test servers. The time is now. Rutgers ready to do some testing, but doesn't have scripts. We should add Evaluations to list of priority tools. Lynn sent Erica a list of Matrices scripts. Erica will circulate the links. Question: how much detail is appropriate in the scripts? Lynn will make testing results from IU work
- Known issues remaining for merged SAK-15710 (IU enhancements)Chris working on the following three items:
- SAK-15877 Ensure conversion scripts are correct
- SAK-16237 Not allowed to evaluate in Evaluations tool in My Workspace
- SAK-17350 Broken link back to associated assignment when editing a cell
- Status Update (CRIM): Finer Grained Document-Level Matrix Permissions Updates
- SAK-16557 Indexes are missing on OSP tables with Oracle. 57 indexes rolled out at Michigan last week. Performance improved. Pulling up a given user's matrix in a site with many users is faster, but pulling up Portfolio has not. Should this be set up as a script so that the indexes can just be loaded.
- SAK-16785 Sortable columns in OSP Portfolio tool - patch on ticket by Aaron Z. May be considered a usability bug and could get it into 2.7.
- SAK-17323 Prompt user for a name at the time of Portfolio creation. IU will work on, but may not be done for 2.7.
- SAK-17326 In Portfolios tool, auto-select newly created forms when adding/editing content. IU will work on, but may not be done by 2.7.
- Standing Agenda Updates
- Sakai 3 Development & Content Authoring (Sakai 3 ePortfolio). Nothing new.
- Teaching & Learning & requirements gathering. Last week we discussed linking from T&L site to Vignettes page. Sean put out email about importing text into Teaching and Learning Google doc. It's hard on that page to see what's there and what isn't. Especially where OSP functionality has cross-over with other functionality, we should copy the material from the Vignettes page in. Some terms should be translated into T&L terms. Is there really urgency about getting functional requirements in Google doc? Clay said something indicating there was. There needs to be the equivalent of a full time person thinking about requirements.Robin will try to get cleared up what the story is with Clay's deadline. How is the doc going to be used, and by whom? Jan will move material over to Google doc. Lynn downloads the spreadsheet to Excel and then sorts by Theme.
- Teggin asked about global publishing of glossary terms. They are having trouble publishing globally. Supposed to be global if you put it in Portfolio Admin. Will just highlight the term in the matrix or whatever tool.
- Functional & General Issues
- Status updates on OSP Help Updates(October review; November commit), Lynn, Brian, Robin and Teggin volunteered to help review help text