Child pages
  • 2009-09-21 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting minutes for September 21, 2009

  1. Sakai/OSP 2.6 Issues and Status
    • SAK-12914 Database error when importing osp matrix. Problem with importing old portfolios into newer releases, maybe Oracle only. Has been around for quite a while. Workaround: eliminate textfields with 4000 characters.
    • SAK-15958 Slow performance in Wizards Charles' patch didn't apply to all the aspects that are affected, just viewing.
    • SAK-16863 Error when saving page in Freeform Portfolio
    • SAK-16869 backtrace in share when a user has been deleted Fixed, but needs to be verified.
    • SAK-16871 osp share sends wrong password. Mostly applies to people who use the default Sakai authentication. There is a patch attached, but there is a better solution.
    • FCKeditor in 2.6: older content pasted from Word can't be updated and saved, because of validation errors. There seems to have been a change, which Michigan is trying to track down. People should check whether it is happening to them. Michigan will have an update next week at the latest.

  2. Sakai 2.7/2.8 Development Status
  3. Standing Agenda Updates
    • Sakai 3 Development & Content Authoring
    • Teaching & Learning & requirements gathering. Last Wednesday's call was very interesting, with lots of participants. Jan is representing the portfolio community. Time: Wed. noon eastern.
    • Conference being organized by IU for 3.0 planning. People should figure out whether they have money for travel and accommodations. People should be able to commit to working on something for a few days afterwards so that the time isn't wasted. UM and IU both have large 2.6 installations, and need to keep service at a certain level while moving forward with 3.0. How do we keep the 2.x commitments in place while we move forward with 3.0? Will there be a way to run 2.6 tools in 3.0? Or run 3.0 inside 2.6? Is Montreal/CRIM ready to start working on 3.0? By the end of October they should have something to show. Beth will send an email to Niko requesting a demo of current 3.0 capabilities. She will also create a Confluence page linked from the meetings agenda page for people to write up their ideas.
    • Documentation & Communication
      • Moving content from http://osportfolio.rsmart.com to www.sakaiproject.org  Sean did a scripted spider of the content. There is a lot there, maybe too much. Sean will continue to work on it. He should work with Pieter and Anthony Whyte to get it up.
  4. Functional & General Issues
  • No labels