Child pages
  • 2009-02-16 Conference Call
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting minutes for February 16, 2009

Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status

  • Marists has gone through test scripts and has a list of all that they have Selenium scripts for. Noah will let them know where to post it. They found one bug that is not critical. 15610 Beth may already have fixed it.
  • SAK-15348 Imported Matrices do not retain links to global forms. Chris at IU has been looking at it. Hard to reproduce consistently or figure out why it is happening.
  • SAK-15579 Supporting files for template based portfolios not making it through to the browser. Easily reproducible and serious. Beth working on it.
  • SAK-15564 Crash when sharing portfolio by email address. Closed. Sean verified it. Requested for merge into 2.6.
  • SAK-15276 Edit links appears for all reviewers/evaluators on feedback/evaluation, though they cannot edit. Noah marked this as critical and will try to look at it. Should be straightforward, a check in the view jsp.
  • SAK-15541 Evaluators from different groups click on evaluations and get a 500 error. Still unassigned. Only found on HSQL platforms so far.
  • SAK-15540 Matrix in "Preview" status is unavailable to users. Resolved as a non-issue? Beth says fixed as part of SAK-13371?
  • Problem with preview mode in that when the matrix is published, forms created in preview mode are no longer linked, but they still exist for purposes of validating changes to the form. For example, if you used a form in preview mode where you selected the value of an enumeration, then try to remove that value from the XSD, the form will not validate, even though there do not seem to be any forms using the value.

IU planning to upgrade to 2.6. Michigan will be upgrading Summer or Fall.

Jan will be at the Japanese Sakai convention because they are interested in learning more about OSP. Probably focused on assessment. IU may have relevant approaches for reporting. Lynn will make a guest account for Jan.

Jan and Sean have been thinking about ways to get institutions to come together and apply for grants to work on targeted improvements. For example, Goal Management. Lynn talked about wanting to do a complete reworking of portfolios to make them more flexible. Sakai 3 is the obvious time to do that. Our community has expertise and experience that no one else has. We should be part of the conversation for Sakai 3. If our vision isn't represented before June, things will be under way. Maybe part of the call should explicitly be dedicated to developing a vision, without worrying about money. Should we have a face-to-face meeting? Should we take a small project and work on it together as a proof of concept? Jan will send email to Beth suggesting that we spend a half hour next week on thinking about a project.

  • No labels