Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes for January 26, 2009
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- QA – Marist: Two students still working on it, though no longer full time. They have not found anything critical. The changes to the Portfolios tool are described in a page linked to from agenda page. There are scripts linked from the 2.6 Testing page that replace the outdated scripts on the testing page.
- SAK-14998: downloaded portfolio archive url-encodes the FILENAME and not the URL in the html that refers to it (should be vice-versa). Beth has not fixed it yet.
- SAK-15346: Portfolio Share no longer allows option to notify users Beth found a lack of functionality in the new Portfolio tool. There is no way to notify others when you have shared a portfolio with them. Beth checked in a localized version with a new button that says "Save changes and notify". Needs to be tested, but that's a problem because there isn't a test server with notifications turned on. Sean will test it on a local build.
- SAK-15348: Imported Matrices do not retain links to global forms: Lynn found a problem in 2.5 but not 2.6. If you import a matrix that has global forms, they aren't global in 2.5, but they are in 2.6. Chris is swamped and can't work on it.
- SAK- In the passthrough, if you edit a form three times, the form shows up three times. It was closed in 2.6, but is hous also be fixed in 2.5 and 2.4. We don't know what fixed it, but if we can figure that out, we can back port it. Beth will reopen it for 2.5 and 2.4.
Plans for future work:
- Content Authoring and Sakai 3 Update: Friday meetings have been suspended. Noah will be working with Cambridge as he sorts out what items should be exposed (forms). Lynn asked whether individual cells of a matrix or wizard could be exposed. Noah suggested she write up her ideas.
- There is a lot of discussion of workflow in Sakai 3. Sequenced/branched learning. Assignments tool has one-off assignments, while we have complex of things to sequence, so we have insight into workflow that may be valuable.
- Michigan is implementing a new permission in the Portfolio tool to allow privileged users to see all portfolios in a site, even if they haven't been shared. Use case: students often forget to share portfolios, sometimes end up with an F. Site level permission? Yes. How about something where a work in progress gets turned in automatically at a certain date. Or a setting on a template? Instructors could set the permission for themselves, letting them see things that should be private.