Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Meeting minutes for November 3, 2008
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- Noah sent email to Marist with test scenarios they can use for the rewrite of the Portfolio tool. It is on the same confluence page as the changes, so feel free to
- Chris: form usage property in the forms tool will tell you where instances of a form are located. If you are running in mixed mode, and bulk of resources haven't gone through conversion process, this will likely not work.
- Evaluation-Centric Workflows: Hugo's page on confluence LOI won't be able to start work on it until after the new year, but is collecting requirements and comments now. Peter Knoop brought up a tendency to go either for short term fix or long-term to be used for many years. Maybe use third-party tools as middle option? E.g., Apache Forest. LOI had three questions. They wanted to know whether Nathan Pearson would be available for design input – answer: unknown. Also, they wanted to know what presentation framework is used in OSP – answer: mixed, JSP, JSF, and some pure Spring. Third, they want to start building, and wanted to know what was involved in committing to trunk – answer: Start work in a branch. To get commit rights you need to have a couple Sakai licensing agreements, one for the institution, and one for the developer. LOI has those agreements, so the next step is to send a note to email@example.com and as for a new branch. Contrib would be a good place for it.
- Jan: Will there be presence of OSP people at VA Tech? Sean will be there. Maybe Lynn or John is going. No one on the call was planning to go.
- Will and Chris made some tweaks to Portfolio Template tool. They will demo when it is ready.