Meeting minutes for October 20, 2008
Demo of UM use of OSP Friday at 12:00.
No new issues
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- SAK-14417 Redesign Portfolio User Experience. There are a number of issues related to redesign that Beth and Noah are working on. Add any bug reports to the bottom of Improving Portfolio User Experience.
- SAK-14631 John Ellis is looking into Null Pointer Exception when building forms in 2.5.
- Beth will contact LOI about presenting their work.
- SAK-13146: Add custom form as an option on main page of wizard. It was previously decided that having this in the sequential wizard was not a requirement, so we should go ahead with testing this in the branch. Chuck Hedrick put in the UI for the sequential wizard, but not the implementation because the implementation proved almost impossible to do. He will take the UI out, and then people can test. He will send out email.
- SAK-13719 IU matrix and permission changes. Va Tech is interested in IU's changes, but they don't know yet whether they have resources to help integrate the code into trunk. Lynn said the outstanding work to do that is to get all the features implemented in all the wizards (instead of just the matrix), and be sure everything works with the Portfolios tool.
Chuck Hedrick brought up a project he is working on connected with dynamic reporting in the Evaluations tool. There are two aspects. First, when an instructor finishes an evaluation, they should be able to see the evaluation (it shouldn't just disappear.) Teachers would like to be able to go back and look at evaluations they've done. Second, people should be able to see their own evaluations in the evaluations tool. Chuck will write a JSP and link to the tool. The report will be downloadable as a spreadsheet. He was going to add this as a link from the evaluations tool.
Noah discussed the similarities to work done at Michigan that is in contrib, SAK-13476, which also addresses the problem of interactive reports. We extract information from learner forms and feedback forms attached to a Matrix. We added a summary screen to the Matrix Tool, with a sortable data grid and spreadsheet download link. This work could be contributed as a feature if it were generalized more. Sean: Why not use the data warehouse? Michigan is not running the DW/Reports Tool and needed interactive reports in CTools without adding those dependencies.