Meeting minutes for September 29, 2008
No new issues
Sakai/OSP 2.6 and beyond Development Status
- SAK-13146 Add custom form as an option on main page of wizard. Chuck Hedrick sent email to Beth saying it was done for hierarchical wizards but not sequential. Sequential wizards are little used, but we should file a Jira saying that this is inconsistent. Someone needs to merge this into trunk. This won't happen until Portfolio tool changes are finished at end of week.
- SAK-13719 Matrix tool / tracking permission changes (IU). Lynn will demo the week after next. IU's nightly build would allow people to test by importing a matrix and playing around before the meeting. Lynn will send out url.
- SAK-14417 Redesign Portfolio User Experience. UM demoed the changes in the SAK-14417 branch. The implementation is available on osp-nightly.
- screen 1: Sean requested that the default view be "Not Hidden", because when the view is "All" and you hide a portfolio, nothing appears to happen.
- screen 3: Due to time constraints, statistics and progress are not implemented. Statistics are still available from the initial screen's Actions button. "Required Settings" was not included in the tabs for technical reasons (it's a callout to another module, not just a tab).
- screen 4: This page was changed least due to time constraints. The biggest change is that there is now a "Create New" link below each form type, so that a user can create a new page without leaving the Portfolios tool. The form created will live in Portfolio Interaction and be available for inclusion from this page.
- screen 5: The label for this page should be changed to "Required Settings" to conform to the UI for getting to it.
- screens 6a, 6b, and 6c: These were the most complex changes and input from users is solicited. Beth provided a lot of flexibility, but it has attendant complexity. The screens are also significantly modified from the mockups because we did not implement them in a lightbox, but rather in regular screens. (6a): Beth changed the mutually exclusive radio buttons for who you share with to check boxes, because the options aren't exclusive (e.g., if you want comments, you need to share the portfolio, but you may also want to have a public url for your mom.) Also, currently to get the public url you have to click "Click this", but that is not clear. Beth will probably re-implement the grayed out textbox with the ugly URL. (6b): The act of adding a selected user is finalized by clicking the "Add selected users" link. This was done to allow the user to switch to adding a user by a different mechanism (such as by email address) without leaving the sharing section.
- Hugo Jacobs would like to talk next week about the Workflow engine, so Lynn's demo of the IU permissions will happen the following week.