Meeting minutes for June 2, 2008
Sakai/OSP 2.4 Status
- SAK-13271: Creating a new form item when adding evidence in matrix cell causes HTTP 404. Beth will follow up with Jim Eng to get him to remove the link.
Sakai/OSP 2.5 Status
- SAK-12119/GM-151 Chris fixed the problem with GMT compiling, but no one volunteered to work on this issue.
- SAK-13468 Wizard tool does not retain artifacts during Preview. Beth assigned it to herself, but can't promise fast turnaround.
- SAK-13520 Edit Scaffolding Cell screen is very slow with many cells and users when a Matrix is sparsely populated. Resolved with fix version 2.5x. Adds a method to the API, but only implemented once. Noah will post info about the change to the dev list for a vote. For SAK-13547, Brian also fixed 2 other places in the code where this sub-optimal pattern is used. His fixe has been checked into trunk.
- A new problem was sent to the dev list. When adding a new form, there is a crash if the XSLT form can't be found. John will write it up as a Jira
- Reviewed Beth's documentation of changes she made to the Add Evaluators screens. LOI brought up issue with permissions. Beth suggested their issue could be addressed by Lynn's suggestion of including a new permission for simply viewing. The evaluate permission would imply the new view permission. Anyone with Evaluate permission in one cell could have view permission in every other cell of a matrix.
- Do we still need an OSP-Portal test server? IU is still using osp-portal in production as a landing page, so decision made to keep a test server.
- Paris Pre-Conference & BOF sessions: Beth proposed that the Bologna Process be addressed. This is a set of principles that allows interchange of academic data across institutions.
- Erica asked whether anyone had run into a problem where the validation checking for a modified XSD seemed to fail, even when the value being removed from an enumeration was not in use in any form. John Ellis said to write it up as a Jira, attach the forms that fail, and assign it to him.
- Noah mentioned that Zhen Qian is making changes for configuring the web content tool that could help with OSP configuration. In particular, we have discussed setting up configuration such that the user selects OSP as a tool, then sees a secondary page with the particular tools they could add (matrices, forms, etc.). Web content is also a tool that has a secondary step to configuration.