Project Coordination Meetings
The Project Coordination Meetings are for those directly involved in all aspects of Sakai development. The goals of such meetings are:
- share and coordinate projects' plans for upcoming releases
- discuss cross-project collaborations and aspects of design and development that impact Sakai as a whole
These meetings are not a replacement for discussion of these topics on appropriate Sakai email lists (e.g., sakai-dev), but rather are an opportunity to leverage face-to-face time, often by holding these meetings in conjunction with a conference Sakai community members are likely to be attending. Discussion topics should in general be surfaced prior to the meeting and on the email lists, through the circulation of a proposal or by posting on a topic to encourage discussion; posting on the list prior to the meet helps ensure those who cannot attend in person can offer their input, as well as providing an opportunity for meeting participants to consider topics beforehand and think about which break-out groups they might choose to participate in.
- Los Angeles 2011 in conjunction with the 12th Sakai Conference in Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Denver 2010 in conjunction with the annual conference (bracketing the conference on Sunday, June 13th and Friday, June 18th).
- Boston 6 & 11 July 2009 in conjunction with the 10th Sakai Conference in Boston, MA, USA
- Paris 28-29 June 2008 in conjunction with the 9th Sakai Conference in Paris, France
- St. Paul 1-2 May 2008, in conjunction with 17th JA-SIG Conference in St. Paul, MN, USA
- Newport Beach 1-2 December 2007 (Saturday and Sunday), in conjunction with 8th Sakai Conference in Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Amsterdam 9-10 June 2007 (Saturday and Sunday), in conjunction with 7th Sakai Conference in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Atlanta 8-9 December 2006, in conjunction with 6th Sakai Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, USA