The Apereo Fellows program seeks to foster community leadership and contributions by recognizing and supporting active contributors. As is tradition up to six (6) Fellows will be chosen by the selection committee and each Fellow will receive a modest stipend.
I encourage all members of the Apereo Community to consider engaging in the nomination process. Feel free to nominate more than one candidate and do not hesitate to nominate yourself if you meet the eligibility requirements outlined below.
AWARD AT A GLANCE
Total: up to 6 Fellowships will be awarded
Term: 1 year from date of award
Stipend: USD $2500.00
Conference Fee Waiver: registration fee for Open Apereo 2016 in New York City will be waived.
Contributors participating actively in any of the various Apereo software communities and communities of interest, as well as those working on projects under Apereo incubation are eligible for nomination subject to the following limitations:
1. Previous Apereo/Sakai Fellowship winners are ineligible for nomination.
2. Apereo Board members, Apereo staff and Apereo Fellows Selection Committee members are ineligible for nomination.
NOMINATION FORM AND DUE DATE
Deadline: Friday, 18 March 2016, 23:59 UTC.
- Matt Jones (Fellow 2013), Longsight
- Beth Kirschner (Fellow 2008), University of Michigan
- Tim Levitt (Fellow 2015), University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Laura McCord (Fellow 2013), White Whale Web Services
- Janice Smith (Fellow 2009), Three Canoes
- Seth Theriault (Fellow 2006), Columbia University
- Branden Visser (Fellow 2014), Fronteer
- Anthony Whyte (Fellow 2014), University of Michigan, chair