Jaxen License 1.3
Packaging strategy / requirements
Sakai is permitted to distribute the Source Format and Binary Format of the Component Software licensed under this License to third parties, provided such distribution meets the following requirements:
- If distributing in Source Format, Sakai must retain the copyright notice and
include in the Distribution a copy of the License. The Jaxen License is included in the source distribution in the licenses folder
- If distributing in Binary Format, Sakai must reproduce, within the
documentation or other materials provided with the distribution of the Sakai
Software, the copyright notice, the list of conditions and the disclaimer all as
set forth in the License.
- Sakai must give credit to "The Werken Company" by including an
acknowledgment in the Customer documentation included with the OSP
Software or in the Software itself (i.e., an "About" page or some other
user accessible screen). The Sakai Gateway page includes an end-user viewable page called Acknowledgements .
- Sakai must not use the name of "jaxen" to endorse or promote the OSP
Software without specific prior written permission.
- The Sakai Software must not be called "jaxen" nor may "jaxen" appear in the
name of the Sakai Software.
Copy of License Text
$Id: LICENSE.txt,v 1.3 2003/06/29 18:22:02 ssanders Exp $
Copyright 2003 (C) The Werken Company. All Rights Reserved.
Redistribution and use of this software and associated documentation
("Software"), with or without modification, are permitted provided
that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain copyright
statements and notices. Redistributions must also contain a
copy of this document.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the
above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the
following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
materials provided with the distribution.
3. The name "jaxen" must not be used to endorse or promote
products derived from this Software without prior written
permission of The Werken Company. For written permission,
please contact email@example.com.
4. Products derived from this Software may not be called "jaxen"
nor may "jaxen" appear in their names without prior written
permission of The Werken Company. "jaxen" is a registered
trademark of The Werken Company.
5. Due credit should be given to The Werken Company.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE WERKEN COMPANY AND CONTRIBUTORS
``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT
NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
THE WERKEN COMPANY OR ITS CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT,
INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
(INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,
STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.