This group is for anyone in the K-12 space that is currently running a Sakai install as well as anyone interested in the expansion of Sakai in the K-12 realm.
To help navigate the overwhelming volume of resources in the Sakai community, we've provided some recommended action items:
- Create a confluence account. Confluence is the wiki used to document the Sakai product itself as well as the business processes related to the larger community. You can view materials without an account, but if you want to comment on, edit, or create your own new content, then you need an account. You can request an account by emailing email@example.com.
- Join the K-12 email list. Post questions or comments to this list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can join here: http://collab.sakaiproject.org
- To share resources we've created a Sakai instance which you can join. We hope that as the K-12 community grows, material we share will grow also. Currently, we have a few portfolio matrix es and template you can download and use in your install: https://collab.sakaizone.org.
Once you begin using your install there are a number of Sakai community resources that will help:
- Training materials: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/ESUP/End-User+Support+Working+Group
- Pedagogical (Teaching & Learning) materials: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21954623