Installation instructions for the ImageQuiz tool for system adminsitrators. See the Users Guide for steps to add the tool to a site or setup the permissions for the tool.
How to get the source code and build imagequiz tool
- ImageQuiz works on Sakai 2.4, it may work on earlier versions but we do not recommend it
- Change to your sakai source directory (e.g. /opt/sakai-2.4)
- Run svn checkout https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/imagequiz/trunk imagequiz
- subversion will create a imagequiz directory for you, you can use any directory name you like, just change the last imagequiz into the word you want.
- Change to imagequiz source directory (e.g. /opt/<sakai-src>/imagequiz)
- Run maven sakai
- If it fails, check the build log to see if there's any library file failed to be downloaded. If so, download them from http://www2.caret.cam.ac.uk/maven/* into library repository (by *project.properties file you can get the version of libraries needed, usually it should be the latest), which is in $USER_HOME/.maven/repository/ directory.
How to verify that imagequiz tool is correctly installed
- Start Tomcat
- Login to sakai as user: admin, password: admin
- In the workspace panel, click My Workspace
- In the left panel, click Sites
- In the Sites function page's panel, click New Site
- Name the new site's Site Id as test or any other words.
- Click Save button at bottom to finish its creation.
- Click Worksite Setup on the left panel.
- Select test (the new created site's name), click Revise in the Worksite Setup function page panel.
- Click Edit Tools on the function panel.
- Select Imagequiz in the list, click Continue button, click Finish button.
- Error may occur if you select Home at the same time, which prevent you from continuing. In this case, deselect Home and click Continue button.
- Enter the test site by clicking it in the workspace panel.
- If you can see Image Quiz Activities with heading format, congratulations!