This summarizes the design documents for the evaluation system.
Evaluation Implementation - Design which relates to the implementation
- high level use cases for the evaluation system broken up into the main areas of the tool.
Evaluation Navigation and Layout
- System redesign page and functionality mockups (2005)
Wireframe (courseware) - The wireframe is accessible at this link
- Current HTML templates - Actual current html templates are viewable and navigable at this link
- Design Goals
- The system should minimize state keeping when possible and allow for open navigation for the user
- The system will always "save on submit"
- One of the navigation goals is to minimize clicks for the user
- Email Notifications - Original and updated design and requirements for email notifications (available and reminder emails)
- Reports - Maryland & Michigan Requirements
Evaluation Data Model
The project was originally generated for Hibernate 3, Spring, and JSF for the presentation layer using UML as the starting point. This was mostly done to generate the HBM files and the class files. Kapil took this and reworked it using Hibernate Synchronizer. Unfortunately most of this work had to be thrown away as the files were a big mess. Currently the model is mostly hand built and uses the Hibernate Tools to generate the anemic POJOs and Generic DAO package to handle the runtime data access.
Current Model - April 2009
Model for contrib release - Jan 2007
Model before contrib release - Dec 2006
Redesigned model - Late 2005 (out of date)
Current VT system model - August 2005