September 9th DG: User Meeting
TIME: 11:30am EDT
Robin Hill (UWyoming), Jon Hays (UC Berkeley), Tina Silverstein (Alameda) (briefly), Christine Doherty (Stanford), Sam (??), Anna Galka and Lorie Stolarchuk(UWindsor), Cha Wa O (Georgia Tech), Rita Pavolka (IU), Carol Rhodes (IU), Maggie Ricci (IU)
[It's a wiki - please correct spelling, add last names, etc. I couldn't hear everything on the call.)
- Status of Supporting Sakai 2.5.x
- Problems noticed & possible solutions
- No indication of the course from which an Assignments email announcement comes (Robin)
- Reorder tools has some problems in IU implementation with Home being moved to the bottom and tools disappearing; Berkeley sees no problems; GA Tech has problems in combined sites
- Berkeley has some problems with guest accounts producing extra instances of students in the same course
- Roster tool at IU has not been well-received because it doesn't show groups (but it seems to work as designed)
- Web Content tool sometimes loses its menubar even if you tell it to open in another window (IE7 and FF3)
- Need a process for bringing up problems and questions and moving them into the right channels
- Robin has created the http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/pages/editpage.action?pageId=16908463Bottom-Up Guidance for Support page
- Jon will create an area to share Known Issues links
- These may be documentation (firstname.lastname@example.org), implementation (developers), or functional requirements (wish list) questions
- New resources to share - Jon had several additions to Help Systems workgroup page. He has been asking people at other schools how they use the help.
- Anna asked for a recap of the last couple of meetings:
- Robin pointed to the information on the Creative Commons & Attribution workgroup page
- Rita drew everyone's attention to the fact that the new Sakai web page is scheduled to go live tomorrow (9/10/08); it will have a lot of screencasts available on it
- Workgroup Reports
- Custom End-User Documentation - no action since last meeting
- Help Tool Revision - Steve Lonn has been in contact with Jonathan Bolte at IU, and some changes are being considered
- Screencasts & Multimedia Instruction - More info in the next couple of meetings when the beginning of semester rush dies down
For next time:
- Rita will moderate.
- IU will start the agenda page.
- Someone needs to volunteer to take notes (or you'll get another mess like this from Maggie).
- Meeting date - October 14, 2008