Sakai 2.x Administrator's Guide (in sections)
This version of the Sakai 2.x Administrator's Guide is presented in sections for ease of browsing and searching online. If you like, you can also view the guide on a single page, which is useful for printing and exporting a PDF version of the guide for offline use.
This document covers the basics involved in moving from limited exploration of Sakai to something that can be used reliably by a larger group of users. The document will take as a given a working Sakai installation that uses the out of the box defaults.
This document assumes you have already been able to successfully install Sakai. It is also recommended that you take a moment to familiarize yourself with using the application before exploring the topics in this guide.
If you get stuck during the installation or configuration process, please start by searching this site and/or an archive of the sakai-dev list (such as gmane). If all else fails, join the Sakai developer list (sakai-dev) or the Sakai production list (production) and ask for help. For more information, see the "Joining the Community" section of this document.
Table of Contents
- The sakai.properties file
- Branding and Identity
- Binary Content and Filesystem Settings
- Database Configuration and Tuning
- Email Configuration
- Course and Semester Data
- Configuring Sakai from within the Web Application
- JVM Tuning
- Load Balancing and Scaling
- Cache Optimizations
- Advanced Tomcat (and Apache) Configuration
- Advanced Configuration Topics
- Verifying and Troubleshooting Your Sakai Installation
- Operations Best Practices
- Joining the Community