2011 Conference Program Committee Meeting
March 24, 2011
* Mary Miles, Sakai Foundation
* Mathieu Plourde, University of Delaware
* Ian Dolphin
* Chuck Powell
* John Lewis
* Michelle Ziegmann
* Bruce Sandhorst
* Lance Speelmon
* Lynn Ward
* Jenn Cummings
NOTE: The Calliflower reminder did not get through, use the same PIN as last time!!!!
Agenda and Minutes
Review from last week
* Sent by email just now
* Chuck to post a reminder to the Announcements list, assisted by Kim
* Check your lists, ping them!!!
* Ian to push for Europe, Australia
* Trent on AAEEBL?
* EDUCAUSE Openness list?
* Ian to remind Board to promote
Update on proposals
* Only 4 so far.
** The committee will get access to the list of proposals
** The form is fairly easy to fill in
** Cannot be submitted partially, but you can edit it. Add a mention of this.
* Need to get more reviewers, especially in the technical space
* Ask folks directly: Have you considered presenting this?
* Accelerated deadline, we need to know in advance
* Opencast (full), Portfolios (full), Teaching and Learning?, OAE?, Migration?, Roving Ambassadors for one-on-one discussions?
** Have informal spaces with a screen so that Ambassadors can bring a small group there and have a conversation.
* When will it open?
** We need the pre-conference workshops at least.
* Now open
Conference Confluence Portal
* Links to social media presence for the conference, please promote!!!
* 5 Opencast agents (3 from U Sask., 2 from Berkeley)
* Mathieu did a presentation to a group of students about the use of tools to prepare a conference
* Might give you a sense of what I have in mind ;-)
Mathieu to set up a meeting
* Lance, Ian, Nicola, Kim, anyone else?
* Lance could work on something re: mobile app - yes please get me a URL is possible so that I can test it... Thanks, Lance
March 24, 2011
13:12 Michelle Ziegmann: I sent an email out yesterday to the Opencast list about the call for proposals
13:13 Mathieu Plourde: I sent an email to the Learning Technology Consortium 2 days ago.
13:34 Lance Speelmon: https://twitter.com/lancespeelmon/status/50973491096326144
13:36 Lance Speelmon: revised: https://twitter.com/lancespeelmon/status/50974100528697345
13:41 Mathieu Plourde: +1
13:44 Michelle Ziegmann: At DrupalCon earlier this month, they had a mobile app for the conference that was very useful and popular
13:45 Michelle Ziegmann: had the schedule, twitter feed, maps, etc
13:45 Michelle Ziegmann: right, they had a vendor that built it
13:47 Michelle Ziegmann: Ooh, they actually open sourced the mobile app - https://github.com/palantirnet/drupalcon_mobile