Life-Long Learning - Bridging the digital divide in SA
Speaker(s): Shereen Dindar
This presentation will cover the following points:
1. The importance and nature of a life long learner;
2. We need to make education in all sectors accessible to the life long learner;
3. Addressing the skills shortage crises;
4. How does SA deal with and cope with the digital divide?
5. Corporate Social Investment, a mere philanthropic gesture?
6. Questioning the current teaching methodology and philosophy of the SA Education Culture;
7. Growing the Sakai Community for those new to Sakai, considering SA government's stance towards the use of open source;
8. Envisioning the future for SA Education through collaboration and investing by becoming part of the 'global' community
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their presentation materials as Attachments to this Page. (See Attachments tab above.)
- Session leaders are encouraged to post their podcasts on the main Amsterdam Podcasts page (a central repository of podcasts) and may also choose to link to them from their session page. See the main Amsterdam conference wiki page for more details.
- Session leaders are also encouraged to appoint a session convener, a podcast recorder and/or a note-taker and post the minutes of their session on a Page (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Participants and Session Leaders are encouraged to post Comments (see Comment form below) or create additional Pages as needed to facilitate collaboration (see Add Page link near top-right.)
- Child Pages for this session (Added Pages will automatically appear in this list)