- Brian Richwine
- Mary Stores
- Apple Suwaniwat
Accessibility Review for Sakai 2.8
- Brian attended the 2.8 release teleconference.
- There is no Sakai 2.8 QA server or nightly server.
- Brian is Hoping first release of 2.8 will be tomorrow.
- Servers will be set up, and at some point on Friday, the servers should be available.
- By tuesday we can start doing accessibility reviews.
- A list of tools is available on the 2.8 release management page.
- Several items have not been settled on. there will be minimal changes to tools available.
- It would be best to get review done by November 1 so that changes can be implemented before the release.
- Brian has started a page for Sakai 2.8 accessibility review.
- Some tools have been listed and priorities assigned.
- The goal will be to announce accessibility review to WG list and other lists to let people know what's happening and solicit help.
- People Brian will ask for help: Lucy greco, Joe Newcomer, Scott Williams.
- Apple is interested in conducting at least one tool test.
- It might be helpful to have weekl meetings on Thursday at same time slot. Sep. 30 would be the first accessibility review conference.
- After the accessibility review is over, we go back to normal every other week schedule.
- The Accessibility Review teleocnference should last 15-20 min.
- Jiras list significatn issues, but several subtasks have been resolved and other have had comments made.
- Target fix is where CK Editor Sakai 2 instance is.
- We will have to test a lot of different tools if this is the case.
Accessibility complaint by IU student
- A Student is having trouble using FCK Editor in Forums.
- IU uses Sakai 2.6 and FCK Editor.
- Should we update the accessibility document instructing people how to search for the editor given clues on the page?
- It isn't sure that the same problemexists using if Voiceover and WindowEyes.
- We should also try reproducing the problem with JAWS 10.
- we my have to write walkthrough scripts on the fly for some of the tools we test.
- Some of the scripts took a couple hours to write.
- Anthony has asked us to look at Basic LTI, but Brian thinks instructors need to test that there is user interface.
- The Basic LTI tool is a way to import grades from one system into Sakai.
- We have gone through all tickets neding verified where someone has made a patch.
- We've made changes where we've put out a patch and are waiting for the patch to be applied to test again.
- Now Brian is pulling in accessibility issues, unlabled text field, non-unique links.
On page where issues are tracked, they are in the section needing verified.
- We will probably be able to make those changes and submit a patch.
- We will be going through other jiras not in the Sakai core. Those will be sorted into priorities and worked through.
- Two Jiras are waiting on patches to come out.
- We are receiving Sakai tickets.
- one ticket is n Tiny MCE editor. Mary and Brian will look at that.
- Features where QA scripts have ben started.
- There ar videos made where a person does what video people do (video shows how a tool should behave).
- walkthrough scripts will need to be written. see if it can be fit into 2.8 accessibility review. aft nov. 1,
- We will need to perform Sakai 3 testing.
Jira Ticket Discussion No longer Going To Be handled During Regular Teleconference
*There will be a separate meeting to address Jira tickets so people don't get put off by it.
- At this meeting Jira tickets will be summarized, but technical discussion will be contained in another meeting.