The cafe bootcamps are intensive day long workshops consisting of presentations and exercises designed to help developers get up to speed developing tools/apps for the Sakai framework. The bootcamps are also intended as a way to present new development technologies and best practices and techniques to developers who are experienced in Java and Sakai development.
- Prerequisites - required setup for participant computers to make the sessions as productive as possible. If you're having trouble, contact the sakai dev list for help.
- Sign Up - please sign up here if you are planning on attending.
Atlanta Programmer's Cafe Agenda, Tuesday Dec 5th, 2006:
- Official conference schedule
- Sakai Programmer Manual - Tutorials and information related to Sakai development
- CRUD Tool Exercise
Session 1: (8:00 - 9:00am) Welcome and Intro to Sakai development
- Welcome to Atlanta Bootcamp
- Sakai development getting started
- Sakai application (tool) structure
- Presenter: Aaron Zeckoski
Session 1.5: (9:15 - 10:00am) Sakai App Builder and Hello Worlds
Session 2: (10:15 - 11:30am) Spring and integrating with Sakai
Session 3: (11:45 - 12:15pm) Hibernate in Sakai
Lunch: (12:15 - 1:30pm) Please plan to be back to the session no later than 1:30 pm
MicroSession: (1:30pm - 1:45pm) Developer involvement in Sakai
- Presenter: Peter A. Knoop
Session 4: (1:45 - 2:30) RSF CRUD app (I)
Session 5: (2:45 - 3:45) RSF CRUD app (II)
Session 6: (4:00 - 5:00pm) RSF CRUD app (III)
- Loops, MFT, i18n
- Presenter: Steven Githens