Description of the tool
The Tool is accessible in the Admin Workspace for batch user creation based on csv files.
In that tool you have only one option, to paste the content of a csv file with six rows (Pasting text is better for quick editing):
- first name
- last name
- user type
There are three checkboxes to select:
- Iif is needed to send a mail to the teacher/student with the access data.
- If old data will be updated with new data in case of conflict or not.
There is a log report after the upload informing about all the actions performed and errors found in the process. This log we can export it to pdf file.
The email that the user receives will be:
Subject= Sakai platform access
Dear <name surname>,
Welcome to <SakaiName> platform !
These are your access data:
You can download it at:
Edit the pom.xml file to change version dependencies if needed and compile as usual in other tools in sakai.
You will need to change the properties file to personalize your email message.
It's not needed to do changes into Data Base. This tool calls the User API services and creates the new users or updates the existing ones or returns controlled a error message when there is an error.
- Log in as admin
- Go to sites
- Search and click on the site where you want to add this tool to, probably ~admin
- Click on the “Pages” button.
- Click on “New Page”
- Fill in the fields to your own likings
- Click on the “Tools” button
- Select the Sakai batch user creation tool (sakai.batch-user-creation)
- Eventually, change the title.
- Click on “Save” to save all the changes made.
Samoo, www.samoo.es and
Miriam Esteve Velázquez