Adobe Connect Web conference is a tool that allows Sakai users to hold web conference events using an Adobe Connect server.
This tool has been developed by Samoo in a collaborative effort from 5 Spanish Universities: Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Universidad de Lleida, Universidad de Murcia, Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia and Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Check server status - indicates the connection status between the server and client.
- Room listings – list of available meetings.
- Creating a room – allows you to create a room and specify the room properties such as room name, room type, maximum number of users.
- Scheduling – set the dates & times for when a meeting will begin & finish, or for how often a meeting will occur over a fixed period of time.
- Accessing rooms – the ability to set the permissions for users entering a room. The user will either be a moderator or a guest. The moderator will have more privileges over the guest.
- Notifications – To notify other Sakai users about video conference events you can; add a calendar event, announce the video conference session, send e-mail notifications.
- Editing a room – change the properties of a room.
- Deleting rooms – remove a room.
- JDK 1.5+ installed
- Maven (to compile and deploy)
- Tomcat with Sakai deployed and running
- A database server: Oracle or MySql
- Edit pom.xml file and change the version tag to reflect the Sakai version. Also make sure that the full profile or the open meetings profile is activated by default.
- For Sakai 2.6 or lower, edit …/adobeconnect/pom.xml and …/common/pom.xml and change version dependencies (Take care about JSF dependencies).
- Run Maven to compile the tool:
- For Sakai <= 2.4, use Maven 1:
- maven sakai
- For Sakai >= 2.5 or trunk, use Maven 2:
- mvn clean install sakai:deploy
Edit your sakai.properties and add the following lines:
The video conference tool needs a database to store all the information. Nowadays, only Oracle and MySql servers are supported by the tool.
You don’t need to create a new database or tables. The tool will use a Sakai database and will automatically create the tables that it needs. Of course, to do that, you need to set the property “auto.ddl” to true in the sakai.properties file.
If you are using a MySQL database and the SAKAI_USER, SAKAI_SITE or SAKAI_SITE_GROUP tables are not established with InnoDB engine, the script will fail. In that case, after deploy the tool (and a new adobeconnect-tool folder was created) rename the file …/TOMCAT_SERVER/webapps/adobeconnect-tool/WEB-INF/classes/mysql/sakai_videoconference_adobeconnect_no_references.sql to …/TOMCAT_SERVER/webapps/adobeconnect-tool/WEB-INF/classes/mysql/sakai_videoconference_adobeconnect.sql
Add the Video conference tool to a site
Use the “Worksite setup” or the “Site info” tool to add the video conference tool to a Sakai site:
- Click “Add tools” link
- Select “Sakai Connect Pro tool”
- Click “Continue” to save changes
- Questions?: If you have any questions please direct them to Samoo
1. Required settings:
To configure this tool properly you must add the following lines to your sakai.properties:
2. Optional settings:
Setup tool permissions
To configure the “Sakai Adobe Connect” tool after it is deployed. The following permissions can be used:
allows a user to create a new room
allows a user to access a room created by this tool
allows a user to delete a room created by this tool
allows a user to edit a room created by this tool
allows a user to moderate a room created by this tool
allows a user to see all rooms created by this tool, even if the user is not in the list of allowed users, or not pertains to any of the allowed groups
Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro server
To access to the Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro server, you could need to install a certificate into your Java virtual machine. To do that, download the certificate from the Web page (In Firefox, click on the yellow padlock in the lower right corner of the screen. Then click on “See certificate” -> Details -> Export…) , and install it with the following command:
keytool -import -keystore path_to_JRE\lib\security\cacerts -file path_to_certificate -storepass STOREPASS (by default: changeit)
- Francisco Saez
- Sante Filice