Chat Accessibility Walkthrough Script
This walkthrough is for the Student persona.
Start of Walkthrough Script
Login and Find Tool
- Login with the "archatstu1" user account.
- In the worksites list (accesskey "Alt+w"), activate the "AR Chat 101" course site link.
- In the tools list (accesskey "Alt+l"), activate the "Chat Room" link.
Determine Current Chat Room
- There is a heading which tells which chat room is currently displayed. It should be the "Main Chat Room".
Switch Chat Rooms
- Use the "Change Room" link on the tool's option bar to switch the chat room to the chat room called: "Alternate Chat Room".
- Verify that the "Alternate Chat Room" is the currently displayed chat room.
Login with the Second User Account So Can Have a Real Chat
This second computer is only being used so a real conversation can be held. It does not need to have any adaptive technology unless required by the operator of this walkthrough.
- While still logged in and in the chat room on the first computer, use a second computer to login with the "archatstu2" user account.
- On the second computer, activate the "History 101" course site link.
- On the second computer, activate the "Chat Room" link.
- On the second computer, wwitch to the "Alternate Chat Room" chat room.
- Send a message from the second computer (the "archatstu2" account).
- Verify the message sent from "archatstu2" can be read on the first computer.
Send a Message
- Send a message from the first computer (the "archatstu1" account).
- Verify it can be read in the message history (on the first computer).
Send and Receive More Messages as Needed
- Send chat messages from each computer as needed to verify the functional accessibility of the chat room feature. Make sure the message history is accessible.
Determine Which Users Are in the Chat Room
- Find the "Users in Chat" list and determine who is in the chat room.
Logout and End of Script
- Logout of Sakai from both computers.
This section documents how to create the necessary content to perform the above walkthrough script. It is not part of the walkthrough itself. It is expected that a person with the ability to log into the QA server with admin rights will create this content before the walkthrough takes place.
Login as Admin
Create three users:
Create a course
- Title: AR Chat 101
- Add the chat room tool
- Add user "archatins" as a participant with the "instructor" role
- Add user "archatstu1" as a participant with the "student" role
- Add user "archatstu2" as a participant with the "student" role